My male cousin cheats but is justifying it

Editbee

Well I heard him admitting this to a friend on a reunion. He has admitted to being very unhappy in his marriage but what I don't understand is he thinks his cheating isn't too bad because he only didn't have sex with his lover but oral and making out.

In his view he thinks only sex is the worst type of cheating and that only sex is adultery. I'm trying to figure out how does this thing of ''I cheated but at least I didn't have sex with him/her'' work?

A famous movie star was known for giving oral sex to his lovers, when questioned on this he would respond "Eating is not cheating!"

If your cousins wife found out, my guess is that her opinion would be somewhat different to his.

• Like 2
Oberfeldwebel
Well I heard him admitting this to a friend on a reunion. He has admitted to being very unhappy in his marriage but what I don't understand is he thinks his cheating isn't too bad because he only didn't have sex with his lover but oral and making out.

In his view he thinks only sex is the worst type of cheating and that only sex is adultery. I'm trying to figure out how does this thing of ''I cheated but at least I didn't have sex with him/her'' work?

Oral sex is SEX! The problem is you are looking for logic out of an illogical statement, it just isn't there. Personally, I would confront him and say "oh so you wouldn't have any problem with your wife giving another man a BJ?" It is amazing how folks can justify there actions.

• Like 2
  • Author

I might have a small talk to him next time I get a chance to. Not going to go all the way to informing the wife since she's not my best friend nor someone I frequently talk to but would like to know why he is reasoning like that.

Hopefully his wife will one day find this out eventually. I assume by then he'll quickly change his views.

MuscleCarFan

If he is so unhappy in his marriage, then why doesn't he just get a divorce?

• Like 2