rumours spread about me...

i.want.out.

i.want.out.

Hello all,

i am posting here as I only told one person about it and need immediate advice.

Basically, my family told me that some people have evidence of me acting promiscuous. I denied these allegations, but they insisted on doing a 'virginity test' [i.e. my mum checking my vagina to see if I am still a virgin]. We settled on me swearing on our Holy Book that I did not do it, but the very fact that I cateorically refused to let my mum check me is proof enough that I have something to hide.

I am thinking of getting out of this house, but I have nowhere to go. I have like 2000 in my bank account and will next receive pay from my pt job next month. A twin room here is about 400-500 per month.

Please tell me what to do. I am over 21, so an adult one.

You do need to get out. Your virginity is not their business anymore. You have a little money. Why don't you get online and check out roommates.com and see if there's anyone needing a roommate in your area. But either way, just get out and hoping you have a job.

I seriously doubt there were 'rumours'. You are 21 [probably in the US], and it was an attempt to enforce control. Get out if you can, if you can't ... save as much as possible as quickly as possible and then get out. PS: I'm not from the US, and there is an obligation by parents here to support an adult child up to 26 if they go for college [not to the degree that they would support that child during HS]. See if there is something similar there.

• Author
i.want.out.

i found a room, but I need someone to act as a guarantor. It is a problem because I am actually hiding this whole moving out business from my family because they will take it as proof that I am hiding something and it will worsen the situation, and I don't want their involvement.

What can I do?

That is pretty unusual parental behavior to apply to a 21+ yo. I'm guessing there are other weird family dynamics going on. What country are you in? Saudi Arabia? I'm only half joking. Are there special customs involved that would make this anything but a Bizzar demand? I wouldn't want to make any suggestion which might subject you to something like an honor killing or something similar.

If you are in the US, it seems like you could get a full time job (even waitressing) that would pay enough for you to get by with roommates. In the US, most roommate situations don't require a guarantor.

Once you get out of that strange house and live in a normal environment for a while, you can put together a long range plan.