I think my step dad son likes me...

msalek89

Hey everyone. Well my mom started talking to this really nice man about 2 weeks ago. They met through a dating site. This past weekend he came over with his son to meet my mom, my sister and I. He took us out to eat and we all got to know each other.

My mom has a good connection with him so they decided to start dating. Now he has a son who is 15. He seems like a nice, funny kid from the couple of hours we spend together. We decided to give our parents some space so he, my sister and I went bike riding by the beach.

The whole time he had his eyes on me, he was trying to do everything he could to make me feel okay; he was just being so attentive. I didn't take it as wrong because I thought to myself maybe he is just trying to fit in you know. My sister is 14 and they got along pretty well. I am 24.

By the end of the day his dad told my mom that he couldn't stop talking about me. That I am so amazing and so fun, nice blah blah. He gave my sister and me his number so he’s been texting me non-stop but not my sister. Then again my sister is a bit more serious.

I don’t know but I kind of feel like he likes me and I don’t want that. So I want to kind of set him straight, let him know since now that I am off limits. He is a young kid and he’s an only child so maybe he is in need of sibling bonding, but I want to set him clear from now.

How can I approach the situation without hurting his feelings?

First of all some guy your mom has been dating for 2 weeks hardly qualifies as your step dad.

As for the 15 year old, just let it be. There's no need to call him out & embarrass him just use more subtle methods to convey the message you are unavailable. Do not be alone with him. Talk about older guys you have dated. Talk up your sister or other age appropriate girls.

If he is dumb enough to try something, then you verbally tell him the age difference makes it impossible but otherwise let it be.

• Like 3

Since you are still coming off a break up, guys of any type of kindness may not sit well with you. He could just be smitten. Let it be.

You met him once and gave him your number...? I get the gesture, but on a privacy level its probably a lesson learned to be mindful who you let into your phone world. If he is a minor its an even bigger issue....

• Like 1

He just has a crush. That's it.

2 weeks of dating? Don't know why you and your sister even met the guy, let alone his son. That's just plain weird. And this guy is NOT your step father!!!

• Like 2