how can i talk with my mom and not hurt her?

i am insane

well i basically just f'd up so hard i'm not sure if i'll ever recover (ever meaning the next few months). cause my mom has this annoying thing where she brings up my past mistakes and applies them to present. anyway i did something so danm stupid i have to get my mom involved. and no, it wasn't me having sex with my cousin(from my previous thread). i just feel it'd be best to not say what i did on here unless it helps to. anyway, my mom has fibromyalgia, where she gets pains from being under stress. more extreme the stress, the more she hurts. and i need to explain what i did to her. not sure how i should tell her though...should i sugar coat it? should i just tell her it straight up? or should i do something else?

i mean i broke down in tears after i did this trying to convince my grandma to have me talk with my mom about this instead of her. cause she'd just go up to my mom, no matter how bad she's hurting or busy she is and say what idid and portray me as the devil. and that will not be good for my mom's health. cause she may be hurting so bad she might lay in bed for several days in pain (which has happened b4)

so what do i do when i have to tell her this and i dont want her mental and physical aspects to just explode?

Stop thinking that you are responsible for how your mom reacts OR for her physical/mental health. She's a grown woman. As long as YOU act like a grownup, too, that's all you can do. Explain yourself, take your lumps, don't take anything personally (she'll be reacting out of HER experience, not yours), and then move on from it.

• Like 1

This is tough to answer without knowing what you did. Does your mom really need to be involved? Is this something you could solve? Was what you did so bad?

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is not worthless , because maybe advice offered can help with future issues. Your Mother does not expect you to be perfect I am sure and speaking as a Mother I can say we handle the truth better then the hurt of lies. My daughter is 18 and she would do some pretty bad things, but we got through them together. Sometimes she couldn't say the things so she would write me. I would read the letter and then we would discuss it. It worked well I was able to be calm and rational by the time we talked, and she was able to get out everything she needed to say because she had time to compose it and explian. Maybe try this sometime with your Mother?