Re: 24 year old brother thinks he's cute by acting like a baby

Drivenmad

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

Yes, my brother and I are still living with our parents. I recently graduated from college and still in the mist of repaying back my student loans. I cannot afford a place of my own with what little savings I have, and I cannot afford to live on my own. Roommates are definately an option, however a good portion of my paychecks have been set aside for my loans, thus leaving me with very little to spare. I have not started paying rent for my parents however, once I finish repaying my loans, I will have to. However, my plans have recently changed. I plan on moving out with my older sister in 2 months and well.. that in itself is also another family crisis.

My brother, he doesn't listen to anyone. My mother have repeatedly yelled at him to grow up, to stop this gibberish nonsense. Yet, he continues to do so. I do not understand that. My relationship with him has crumbled into nothingness. I have told him that it is a great turnoff for women to find him acting the way he does. His only response was that, he didn't want a girlfriend to begin with. Whenever I mention anything with a girl, he would get very defensive and yell at me by saying what do I know. I definately know that he's not gay. He just hates to be reminded of his idiotic behavior. Treating him as a child and playing a "new game" with him by following certain rules would only make him even more angry. Not to mention that he doesn't even view me as his sister (his words to my mom). Making fun of him and calling him names would just add on to the fire. Everyday, he would just yell out to me "what a herb," which he thinks is rather funny and by me calling him names like, pizzaface, he would just enjoy it even more. He is excellent at turning things around that you, yourself will eventually get angry. Boy, he really loves watching people get angry. The more you try not to get angry, the more he will feel the need that he has too. He would even go through great lengths as to ransack my things and even shred my bills.

Invite him to my outtings? Ask him to hang out with me? That is not something that he would do. Don't worry, I have tried a couple of times, and 90% of the time, he would just insult my friends and bad-mouth them. As I said in my last post, he is extremely anti-social, and scared at the same time. He is scared of rejection, which I can understand. However, he allowed himself to wallow in that fear, so he has resorted into being something like a hermit. You have to realize that he always feel as if the world is against him. I asked him to see a doctor for a physical, but all he could do was yell at me for even thinking about his health. He kept on saying how he doesn't need to go see one, and he thinks that the doctor will actually lie to him by telling him that he is unhealthy. wtf?!?!?

Regardless, I really do not know if anyone of us within the family can help him. He does not see my parents as authority figures, and he thinks that I will always be against him. As for him making baby gibberish noises all day, I realized that, that is his way of getting everyone's attention. I realize that he is in constant need of attention. When both my parents are around having a conversation, he would have to interrupt them with the gibberish at least 4-5x, just to remind them that he is still there. So he does need to seek professional counseling huh? The only thing is, he doesn't believe that he has a problem.

mørkt selvmord

even if you dont have a hidden camera.. improvise.. ask a neighbor to borrow their and hide it in a place such as under pillows or somethingand video tape him.. then show him u wanna watch a movie.. and play it.. and if he tries to move hold him down or something.. sit on him if you have to.. unless youll be hit or something.. then just get the f*ck out of the way