can i still keep a relationship with my ex mom

marlina345

me and my ex broke up after a five year relationship and we have a two year old together his mom is always contacting me on facebook. ive known her since i was 15 years old she was like a second mother to me and adores my son she was even devastated when me and my son left. well i love this family and i think leaving then hurt more than the break up. is it healthy that i still talk to them.

Well your ex's mom is your 2 year old's paternal grandmother. She's a blood relative within the 2nd degree of consanguinity. If something happens (God forbid) which make you and your ex unable to take care of your child, your ex's mom would be one among the relatives who could apply for or be awarded guardianship over your child. Soo yes. You can/must maintain a relationship with her.

• Like 2

Sounds like she and you have the same goal, that of your child and her grand child. It deserves to maintain and flourish. The only caution I have is that your EX may not be fond of this news. He could perceive it as you still trying to Hold on to him thru family members. So long as you are clear that its for your child and your regard for the grand parents, I think things will work out.

• Like 1