My parents think im a bad person! Its making me wanna leave.....

SierraMist

SierraMist

I have problems with my parents, and its getting to the point where i just wanna leave and go somewhere else. They think im a bad person that gets drunk everynight, they think i leave town to go to other places far away, they think that i get MAD whenever they ask me to do something. When in reality i dont do anything to make them think this way, i drank once! and when i did i told them about it. I never leave town because no one lives out there!. And whenever they ask me to do chores im not mad at all, i just dont show emotions so my face is dull. ITS SOOO STUPID! i tried talking to them about, but they dont listen! they think that they are always right and they think they know SO WELL that what i have to say doesnt matter. It makes me sooo mad that they dont trust me, i mean i dont lie to them if anything they are the ones that lie so many times, that u just get used to it. WHY ARE THEY LIKE THIS?????? ITS SO STUPID! i mean if they want me to be a bad person, then i will!

Can i get some help??

I have a question for you? do you live at home? How old are you. If you reallly arent doing these things than they are overreacting and if you tried to talk to them about it and you cannot get through to them than there isnt much you can really do.these people raised you right? so they know your dull looks and if something is bothering them it may go deeper than what they say, just a little hard for them to talk to you about it. i would try writing them a letter and telling themm how you feel and ask them to read it and write back mabe you will discover that there is more to the story than they will say. think about it, isnt it much easier to express your feelings on paper so the uncomfortable feelings of misunderstanding and not being able to find the right words. and vice-versa they would probaly feel more at ease reading it without you in the room and they may feel more compelled to write you back explaining to you there problem, i doubt they think you are a bad person afterall they are the ones who taught you to be this way. you only learn from your experience.if you are an adult and you live at home then explain to them that you respect them and there home but you are full grown and free to make you own decisions. and if you live at home ask them if they would rather have you move out and respect their decision even if they do want you to move, sometimes even parents need privacy. love between parents and children should be unconditional , nobody is perfect and i am sure they have done things in there lives that you really didnt approve or understand.not that they need your approval, i am sure you get the picture. good luck and hang in there, they are your parents they do not thinjk bad of you, think positiyve and be positive and most likley you will see positive!!! if you try this write back and let me know if this has been any help to you. dont be afraid to tell them exactly how you feel they are your feelings, they are real and you should not hide them.again gooooood luck and think positive.

• Author
SierraMist

thanks for the advice, im 16 years old and i have 2 little brothers, i will try the writing thing and will let u know how it goes