Husband's family still friends w/his X.

AprilnCali

I posted this in another forum, but I think it was the wrong one so I'm reposting it here, thanks!

Background info:

My husband dated x back in college. They broke up and 2 years later we started dating. At first I was OK with them being friends, and we would all hang out together, but then she started making comments about how she could hook him up with other women right in front of me. I found out they would also compare where they had sex to where we had sex, my husband (then boyfriend) would call her to complain about me when we got into a fight and whenever he had some exciting news he would share it with her first. Their friendship and emotional infidelity was a constant source of our fights.

Fast forward several years later, we got married and had a child together. she emailed me while I was pregnant to tell me I had no right to get pregnant by my husband and that I should get an abortion, ugh! When i told my husband what she did he said he couldn't control what she did, yet remained friends with her.

When our son was 2 I found out that they were calling/texting each other up to 8-9 times per day. When he got home from work that day, I told him I was leaving because I wouldn't play second fiddle to her any longer and that I deserved to be the one and only woman in his life. He promised me that he wouldn't have any contact with her again. He called her and told her never to contact him again. He then told me he would need "time to grieve the loss of his best friend."

A few months later, he broke that promise to me by calling her for a shoulder to cry on after his grandmother died (and hid it from me). He had no other contact with his x for 2 years afterwards until we got into a heated argument. They had an hour long telephone conversation, and then "friended" each other on Facebook. When I found out about this, I demanded he cease contact with her. He refused, so I told him I was leaving because they had a history of inappropriate contact. This eventually led to us going to therapy and then him cutting off contact with her for good.

They have not had contact with each other for over a year, but here is my problem: my husband's sibling are still facebook "friends" with his x (they friended her when my husband did when he and I were fighting). They know their inappropriate relationship was a source of a lot of our problems and they also know my husband has no contact with her. I could care less if they remain friends with her because that is their prerogative but my problem is they will engage this x in conversation and then tag my husbands in the conversation, too trying to get my husband to talk to her or they will talk about him and our life with her.

How do I handle my husband's family being so rude. Again, I don't care if his sibling and the x talk. I just want them to leave my husband out of it and stop having them try to engage her in conversation with him.

What would you do?

I could care less if they remain friends with her because that is their prerogative but my problem is they will engage this x in conversation and then tag my husbands in the conversation, too trying to get my husband to talk to her or they will talk about him and our life with her.

How do I handle my husband's family being so rude. Again, I don't care if his sibling and the x talk. I just want them to leave my husband out of it and stop having them try to engage her in conversation with him.

It's his family, so this is a problem your husband needs to handle, not you. He can easily put an end to them tagging him, if he wants to. He can simply block them, or delete his Facebook or just log off from wherever this is happening.

And he should ask his sisters to stop talking to other people about his business, and to please stop trying to facilitate a conversation with the ex. If they don't stop, he doesn't have to engage with it or even acknowledge it. You guys should both ignore all the bull****. Do you think he could/would do any of that?

CrystalCastles

Wow that's really disrespectful of your marriage for those siblings to be acting that way.

Can your husband block the x from fb? Would that make a difference?

He needs to step it up. This is his marriage too, he needs to show that he cares about it more so than that x.

• Like 2