Mum is such a ***!!!!

Rubix123

i am sick of my mum looking down her nose at my boyfriend i am sick of her laughing at our relationship and not taking it seriously i am sick of her delibertly trying to down him and make faults WITH EVERYTHING!

She is acting a right cow and she is really making me so angry!

My boyfriend tries his hardest to show he is a good person and still its not good enough!

Its not that my boyfriend is a bad person, my dad loves my boyfriend they share the same interests, like the same hobbies and they get on really really well!! etc!

I dont know what my mums problem is....

You'd think she would be happy like my dad that i found someone really nice who treats me amazingly, someone decent with mannerisms, etc and came from a stable background with a decent family.

Ive been with my boyfriend 2 years, and ive been on holiday with them a couple times too and his family are lovely..

Has anyone suffered this as well?

Why would my mum act like this?

All my other family dad, cousins, aunts, great aunts, cousins, gran, grandad, etc all think hes a lovely person too

Edited by Rubix123

Is she single? Maybe she's jealous?

I have the reverse problem, my fiance's daughter hate's me! I've done nothing except take some of her dad's attention away from her, which she can't stand. She bad-mouths and back stabs me.

Neither my fiance or I pay any atention to it. Her problem.:D

Onward_Upward
No shes married with my dad and they both live in the same house as me and yes he is my first proper boyfriend.

Ah... says it all really.

In her heart, she is probably worried that you are being taken away from her... Some parents, especially those who adore their children, can not stand to see them becoming adults. It's a part of human nature... Most handle it well, eventually, but some just can't come to terms with it.

Having said that, as this is your first "serious" relationship, your Mother will most likely calm down after a while.

My advice is to sit her down, and have a talk with her... Lay it all out, but in a non-offensive and polite way. Tell her you love her very much, and then explain that her actions are hurting you. Bring up proof that your boyfriend is a good person (e.g. Your father likes him, etc), and tell her you're willing to hear "her side" of the story. She may, at this point, tell you the root of her problem, which can then be healed.

Sappy I know... but with sincerity, you'll be surprised at how effective this approach can be.

Open up that communication channel, and let her know your still "her" daughter, and that you are there for her. Also, be willing to compromise... just a tad (For example, if she says she's worried you'll get pregnant, either tell her your abstaining from sex "for now", or that you promise you'll use condoms, etc)

The intimacy of these kinds of discussions between child and parent will vary, of course, depending on your closeness to said parent.

The other alternative is to start ranting and raving at her like a lunatic; telling her how "stupid" and "immature" she's being, thus getting her defenses up and turning this into a long drawn out bitter battle of egos... One which won't be resolved - if ever - for years, and years, and ... ... Well, you get the picture. ;)

Edited by Onward_Upward