Grand mother wants to see her grandchildren

Wonder if I could get some oppinions about something thats been going on in my family.My brother has seperated from his wife and its been over for a couple of years now the problem is his ex wife wont let any of us see the kids.My brother is an alcoholic and none of us blamed her for leaving.The problem is my mother misses her grand children alot and always makes sure she thinks of them on birthdays xmas etc.Last time she talked to the kids they informed her they couldnt come for a visit because there daddy doesnt pay child support enough.

My mother is really upset and has talked about grand parents rights but shes been told she would have to get an attorney and it could get costly.She does not have the money to fight in court over this situation.Anyone have any ideas or oppinions any and all would be appreciated thanks!

My suggestion is for grandma to contact the mother of her grandchildren and explain that she would like to see them. Make arrangements where she can visit them without the ex being around.

One thing that bothers me about hearing this, is that the children are being involved in the parent's problems. They shouldn't be told about him not paying child support.

They should be able to grow up with grandparents and aunts and uncles.

If that doesn't work, then I guess you will have to contact an attorney and try to get visitation that way.

Best of Luck to you all

pitprincess

You may try contacting social services where your located. Ask about grandparenting rights.

Some States in the US do have programs that help grandparents get visitation to the children with out the added cost of attorney fees.

I would try what the other poster's advice before I tried this action.

Good Luck