Please help i am stuck in the middle and i'm already unstable!

crazimonkey

crazimonkey

Two years ago I became unstable by self inflicting. My mom is 2 seconds away from sending me to a mental institute and my brother told me the worst thing i could ever be told. Everyone knows that gangs are the worst thing any teen could get involved in. I self inflict and i can't control it. Hiding secrets tears me up inside. Well my mom talked to my brother. He joined this rly bad gang called the bloods. I'm afraid if i tell my mom he may never forgive me and never talk to me again. Should I tell her???

bluechocolate

crazi - there are 2 very serious things in your post

one is your self-inflicting

the other is your brother joining this gang

If keeping a secret is going to make you worse, then yes, by all means, tell someone. It doesn't sound to me that you should be burdened with such an important secret. How old are you? Are you in school? If so, are there such things as Guidance Counsellor's there? Could you talk to him/her first, before revealing anything to your mother? They may even approach your mother directly and leave you out of the loop.

My gut tells me that you should tell your mother, but I grew up in a family of boys, me being the youngest brother, and I know how loyalty between brothers is considered sacred. I understand why this is such a deal for you.

Two years ago I became unstable by self inflicting.

This sentence is the other way around really. You began self-inflicting because for some reason you became unstable. I'm not in the least bit qualified to offer any advice on that except to say that you should be seeing a professional who deals with cases like yours. Are you getting any help / treatment for this?

• Author
crazimonkey

I am 14 and yes there are guidence councellers to which i was turned into the one councellor by my current boyfriend b/c he got really concerned. I have had an extremely bad year with my self inflicting and every1 has turned on me. I am having such a struggle keeping up with life and school work. I'm currently in all advanced classes and things don't come easy in those classes. I have become so suicidal and thoughts just go through my head. I have become so bad with my self inflicting that i can sprain an ankle w/ a simple thing like a cup or a flashlight to which it only weighs like half a pound. I can't control myself anymore b/c now it's just beyond my reasonings i have become an addict to hurting myself. My brother made me sware and i just don't want to break the relationship i have with him b/c he'z sooooooooo nice to me and i rly need him by my side!

Hiding secrets tears me up inside

Please do not do things that tear you up inside. Don't you find it's when you feel bad that you hurt yourself? No-one would want that, certainly not your brother. Explain to him that you are very worried about him and can not cope with this knowledge alone. Then tell your mother or someone else who can help.

If you are still hurting yourself, or have the urge to do so then do get help if you have not done so already. It's very unlikely you would have to go to a mental institute. This is a fairly common problem, we've had threads about it on this site that you may want to have a look at. It can be treated - please do something about it.

I posted before I read your reply to Blue.

I'm so sorry you are having such a bad time :( . You are not an addict, the self harm is your way of expressing what has happened to you. You won't always feel like this. The counselling will help you find other ways of letting out the hurt and feeling more in control. You must tell someone straight away every time you have those suicidal thoughts. Your brother may be mad at you but he loves you and he wouldn't want you to be hurt. Let your loved ones help you - that's what they are there for. Take care.