niece prego for 2nd time before 18th b’day - how do I to help her break this news

oneday

I think my family is going to go crazier then ever real soon.

I just found out last night that my niece is prego. she already has a 2 year old boy. she turns 18 next month.

we all live very close so what happens to one really effects the rest of the family. especially since my sister's son lives with our parents most of the time. and my sister and her kids move in and out of our parents place like a revolving door.

my niece is taking after my sister i am sad to say...my sister had her daughter when she was 16 then 6 years later got prego again - different father - never married. and here is my niece prego with 2nd one before 18 - 2 different fathers. not married and living with my sister in a shack.

i am so glad i am starting counseling today..maybe i'll be able to bring in other family members in my session - cause we are going to need it.

my niece wants me to be by her side when she tells the rest of the family. her mother knows...but you see how far my sister's nurturing has got her.

any thoughts or suggestions on how to help my niece break this news with giving anyone a heart attack.

krbshappy71

How did she break the news about the first child? I would say just have her do it, hold her hand if you must but this is her situation to deal with. I'm sure she's scared but once its over, its over. The baby is coming no matter how they handle the information.

If she is really worried about their reaction maybe she could present it in a "positive" light, i.e. having her little one walk in with a baby-doll and announcing excitedly and happily that mommy's giving him a little brother/sister to play with.

If you two are close, talk to her about Norplant or some other form of birth control plan for after this baby, this sounds like a pattern in your family and if she doesn't want to keep going through this she needs to be more proactive about her body and future.