What's with all the male bashing going on around here?

bluechocolate

bluechocolate

I'm new here so forgive me if this a repeat of earlier threads, but I've just read through one thread where there was an awful lot of male bashing going on - "all men are bastards", "all men are cheats", "all men are liars" - that sort of thing. And it isn't just that one thread. I've encountered many similar viens throughout vareious topics.

What exactly is going on with this?

People may assert that this is "jocular" or "justified pay-back", but if I can be serious for a moment.

Some facts:

(from where i live that is - but I'm sure it's very similar in the US)

young men are the vicitms of violent crime more than any other group in our society

life expectancy for men is still lower than that for women in practically every country that keeps such statistics

suicidie is one of the major causes of death for teenage boys in many western countries (sometimes it even occupies the number one cause of death in this age group)

approximately 95% of the prison population is male

in education girls are now ahead of boys in all areas and overtaking at an exponential rate - even in the traditonal "male" disciplines of math and science

in medical matters (and this ties in directly with life expectancy) men are far less likely to seek medical advice or help and as a result only present themselves only when symptons have become serious

austism and ADD is much more prevalent amongst boys than girls

It's always struck me as odd that if "all men are bastards" and "all men are cheats" who taught them to be this way? Men, who were once all young boys, were primarily raised by their mothers - wether that is right or wrong it still is our reality. At which point does a boy become a bastard liar and at which point does his mother absolve herself of her responsibility in raising this lying, deceitful, philandering bastard? But I guess a mother's own son is always an angel, it's just all those other bad boys out there. ( I realise that was an antagonistic thing to say about mothers) but honestly, mother or father, would you want your son to read some of this stuff that people say about men? Exactly what signal does this send to boys? Why should boys bother to be caring, sharing, considerate individuals if it seems that they're all branded as lying decetiful bastards anyway?

I can't remember where I read this or who wrote it, but I definitely remember reading somewhere that our present education system is based around teaching methods that actually work best for girls. So it would seem that we've been doomed from kindergarten.

DA is right. It depends on the threads and who is posting. It's not like that all the time.

Actually....we LOVE most of our Shacker Studs!!!! :love:

austism and ADD is much more prevalent amongst boys than girls

Just one note - with respect to AD/HD, it is beginning to look like the incidence among males and females is roughly equal. Boys tend to have the 'H' part more often, while girls seem to be more prone to Inattentive-Type AD/HD.

As for the misandry, remember that this is a site visited by people who have been badly hurt. Some are still bitter, and they extend that bitterness to all members of a gender. We have some misogynists on LS, too. Different threads, as the others have pointed out, bring out different responses and some, clearly, hit nerves.

Don't be put off - like the rest of the world, LS has all sorts of folks.

As Moimeme stated, people who post here tend to have been hurt quite badly. When we get emotional, we sometimes make generalizations about the opposite sex. I hear a lot of anti-male, as well as anti-female talk every day among friends.

I have one male friend in particular who thinks all women are inherently evil. He likes to say that, in nearly every species, it is the female that is the most vicious. He will also go on about how women think they all have magical, special golden vaginas that spit out hundred dollar bills, and they all think that they are more special than any other woman on the planet.