Stepmother is a golddigger

My mom left my dad. Shortly afterward, my dad started dating my future stepmother. Before they finalized their divorce, she moved into my parents' house, which my parents had purchased together, to live with my dad. She was in her 20s and he in her 40s. They got married immediately after my parents finalized their divorce because my stepmother is from Eastern Europe and was only here on a visa, so she needed her citizenship. She quit working soon after they married. Now, they have two kids together and my dad is still the only one working. When my parents bought that house that they live in, it was worth 300k, now it is worth 1 million. My dad's name is the only name on the deed now, after my mom removed her name. Will my stepmother get the entire house when he dies? Also, I can't help but loathe and detest my stepmother. I also detest my father for marrying this woman. How would you deal with this?

Edited by Tandem
UpwardForward

I know a lot about this through a woman who went through my family and is now working on another family.

I am assuming everything that was his before marriage, is still his. In the event of his death: if no Will, I think half of his premarital estate would go to his W, and the other half to be divided among his children. Others on here may be able to advise you better, if I am wrong. Most likely he will make out a Will naming his heirs - if he hasn't already done so.

Much of the time the manipulation (if any) begins with new wife encouraging the H to change their prenuptial agreement (if any), and then changing his will. This may be done more than once, and over a period of time.

With circumstances and age difference, there's always a possibility the M will not last to long term.

But most importantly, it looks as if all you can do - is stay close to him.

Let me know if I can give you any further insight.

Edited by UpwardForward