"My boyfriends father: the controlling idiot"

ashleynicole3

ashleynicole3

[font=arial][/font][color=violet][/color]

hey!! My name is Ashley i am an 18 year old college student and i'm having some issues with my boyfriends father. My boyfriend is 19, and almost done his 2nd year of college. I love my boyfriend very much, he is much more than a boyfriend to me, and we grow closer everyday. We've been dating for a little over 8 months and i absolutely CANNOT stand his father. He is dominering, controlling, and in my opinion an a**h***. He believes that he knows everything and he constantly makes my boyfriend do everything he says. His father also has no respect for anyone, he is down right rude, and ignorant. He has two sisters who are in their twenties and don't live at home anymore. His father is also very ignorant and controlling of his mother, and she is one of the sweetest ladies i have ever met. My boyfriend is stuck under his fathers thumb, and i don't know what to do. His father has chased away all of his previous girlfriends, and none of them can stand him. I am planning a career in dental hygiene and have two years of college left and would like to leave the town that i live in and persue a career, and my boyfriend is taking over my fathers buisness!! so not only will he reside here, but for the rest of his life be stuck being "his fathers bitch". We have also planned to move out and rent an apartment or get a small house together, his father hates the idea and insists that it's a waste of money. I need my boyfriend to make his own desicions and realize that he is almost 20 years old, it's time to break free from daddy and start his own life!!!!I have no clue what i should do...any suggestions?

You can't turn a boy into a man. You can shake him to his boots by telling him he either grows a backbone or he loses you. Past that, his development and maturing is a process for him to undergo - however long that takes.

• Author
ashleynicole3

hey!! My name is Ashley i am an 18 year old college student and i'm having some issues with my boyfriends father. My boyfriend is 19, and almost done his 2nd year of college. I love my boyfriend very much, he is much more than a boyfriend to me, and we grow closer everyday. We've been dating for a little over 8 months and i absolutely CANNOT stand his father. He is dominering, controlling, and in my opinion an a**h***. He believes that he knows everything and he constantly makes my boyfriend do everything he says. His father also has no respect for anyone, he is down right rude, and ignorant. He has two sisters who are in their twenties and don't live at home anymore. His father is also very ignorant and controlling of his mother, and she is one of the sweetest ladies i have ever met. My boyfriend is stuck under his fathers thumb, and i don't know what to do. His father has chased away all of his previous girlfriends, and none of them can stand him. I am planning a career in dental hygiene and have two years of college left and would like to leave the town that i live in and persue a career, and my boyfriend is taking over my fathers buisness!! so not only will he reside here, but for the rest of his life be stuck being "his fathers bitch". We have also planned to move out and rent an apartment or get a small house together, his father hates the idea and insists that it's a waste of money. I need my boyfriend to make his own desicions and realize that he is almost 20 years old, it's time to break free from daddy and start his own life!!!!I have no clue what i should do...any suggestions?

Wow. Sounds like a very rough situation. Have you thought of asking your boyfriend to go to couples counseling with you. Since I, too, don't have a clue on how to solve this I bet a good counselor could help with the knowledge they have on relationship issues. I know people who have seen Couples/family counselors and have had wonderful results and have been able to stay together and work things out. The counselors have techniques and strategies to help him and you work through this possibly. I wish you much luck with this. :bunny:

HI, when i was in high school I was 17 my boyfriend was 18 and he had the same issues but with his mother. I still to this day do not like her (me and my ex are best friends now) But she was bad.. she used to put an egg timer next to the phone and we could only talk 2 x a day for 5 min each time.. etc. it got bad he finnanly moved out and we moved intogether because he finnanly saw the light LOL. its a stressful situation. i know. good luck

xalysabeth