I want to adopt Daisy (pics included)

RecordProducer

RecordProducer

My mom and have been talking about adopting a small dog and today I found Daisy on the web. We both fell in love with her pics :love: and would like to go see her tomorrow and get her. We're thinking we're crazy, why do we need this, but we want to add a new member to our family. :bunny: The ad says:

This one-year old, ten-pound girl was being kept outside 24/7, when she was taken in this past August by her current owner. Since then, Daisy had a litter of puppies, but is now ready to find a forever home of her own. Daisy is not fond of cats and although has acted negatively toward the resident male dog, that could be due to her protective instincts regarding her puppies. She is good with children. Daisy is housetrained and the only time that she has an accident is if she goes to the door and is not let out. Although crate trained, Daisy is generally given house-freedom; travels nicely by car; and is okay on leash, but not accustomed to going for walks. Daisy tends to be a calm, cuddly girl who is attentive and sweet. She tends to initially be afraid of men, but is fine once she gets to know them.

You can see 3 pics of Daisy in my profile album. She is a Min Pin/Italian Greyhound.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Author
RecordProducer
Go for it. I can't wait until we can adopt a dog or two.
Did you see her pics? :) What kind of dog(s) do you and Mrs. Pyro want? Do you have any other pets?

I am so excited! :bunny::laugh:

I need a dog lick! :p No, not like that, you perverts! :D

Edited by RecordProducer

Well - I vote no - until your life becomes more predictable and stable. You have school and work to consider, right?

It not fair to a dog if you aren't home to exercise them and love them a ton during each day.

Awww go for it! :love:

I fell in love with every pet we have when I first saw them (including a cat which I saw on the web). I can't imagine what my life would be like if we didn't get them. Look at it as a sign that she's supposed to be in your life. I hope you add her to your family and have a wonderful time with her! :)

• Author
RecordProducer
Well - I vote no - until your life becomes more predictable and stable. You have school and work to consider, right?

It not fair to a dog if you aren't home to exercise them and love them a ton during each day.

Relax, Sunny :D, I live with my mom who doesn't work. I wouldn't take a doggian being and leave it alone for 12 hours. But when I get home, I will curl up next to her with my book or lap top...oh! My lap may be reserved for Daisy! :p;)

A loving, cheerful creature can bring lots of happiness and in fact contribute to my stability. She's going to be the daughter I never had. :laugh:

• Author
RecordProducer
Awww go for it! :love:

I fell in love with every pet we have when I first saw them (including a cat which I saw on the web). I can't imagine what my life would be like if we didn't get them. Look at it as a sign that she's supposed to be in your life. I hope you add her to your family and have a wonderful time with her! :)

Thanks, Poodle. :) What kind of pets do you have and who lives in your household?
Relax, Sunny :D, I live with my mom who doesn't work. I wouldn't take a doggian being and leave it alone for 12 hours. But when I get home, I will curl up next to her with my book or lap top...oh! My lap may be reserved for Daisy! :p;)

A loving, cheerful creature can bring lots of happiness and in fact contribute to my stability. She's going to be the daughter I never had. :laugh:

Ok then - my vote is go for it then!

Thanks, Poodle. :) What kind of pets do you have and who lives in your household?

2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 rabbit, 1 guinea pig, 1 lovebird, 1 mom and 1 sister. :D

• Author
RecordProducer
2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 rabbit, 1 guinea pig, 1 lovebird, 1 mom and 1 sister. :D
The mom and sister are the difficult ones, right? ;)
  • Author
RecordProducer

How come no one has commented on Daisy's pictures? :confused: They are in my profile, you click on Daisy on the right side, under her photo. I also threw in my picture there. :o

She is sooo adorable.. what a cute dog...she looks so sweet..

Dogs are great companions too RP.. you can tell them everything and they don't tell anyone :laugh:

I love it.. good luck...

Lostinlife4now

Hi RP!!!

Go for it! Go get Daisy! I have 2 dogs and I LOVE THEM...They are great company and so unconditional!!!

My girlfriend just rescued a dog last month...it was really sick, and she did not know it was pregnant, and guess what she had 3 puppies, now she has 6 dogs living with her...She can't give any of the dogs up...She is a VERY BIG ADVOCATE for rescues.....

Love Daisy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you're still as lovely as ever, my friend, and Daisy is darling :love:

just a quick question: Most dogs tend to have a lot of energy, and Daisy prolly will need a yard to run in ... is this something you're able to provide? Not sure about your particular breed, but it's something you definitely need to consider. Also, is she okay being an "only child" (doggian, that is!)? I'm guessing the boys will be perfect playmates for her, and she sounds like a dream pup with all the positive attributes they list. Just remember, dogs are incredibly social animals and need that interaction with their humans; cats only care about what you've got to offer in the way of food, so they're much more independent.

oh! something else to find out: Ask the shelter who does low-cost veterinary care, because she'll be needing annual shots (rabies, kennel cough, distemper ... or is that cats? I think that last one is cats, but not really sure), and those places are just as expensive as clinics for humans!

if you feel like the family is ready for a new addition, definitely go for it: She sounds like a very good match!

Did you see her pics? :) What kind of dog(s) do you and Mrs. Pyro want? Do you have any other pets?

I am so excited! :bunny::laugh:

I need a dog lick! :p No, not like that, you perverts! :D

of course I saw the pictures. :p She is cute.

We have a cat and I would love to have a Basset Hound or a Golden Retriever but in the end we will most likely go to the local animal shelter and adopt whichever dog we find to be the cutest.

Mrs. Pyro prefers the smaller dogs who I am not familiar with so I couldn't tell you her preferences.

• Author
RecordProducer
She is sooo adorable.. what a cute dog...she looks so sweet..
Thanks, Arty. :)

Is that you RP in the pic?

Damm you are hot! You go girl!!!!!

Thanks, Lil. :)

you're still as lovely as ever, my friend, and Daisy is darling :love:
Thank you, Quan. :)

just a quick question: Most dogs tend to have a lot of energy, and Daisy prolly will need a yard to run in ... is this something you're able to provide?

Well, she is very small, only 10 lbs, so she doesn't need too much space to run, but we do live in a lovely, green, isolated condominium complex and we have a patio that exits onto a common backyard with grass and trees, away from the street. We can play with her there. We are also on the ground floor, which makes it easy to take her out anytime.

Not sure about your particular breed, but it's something you definitely need to consider. Also, is she okay being an "only child" (doggian, that is!)? I'm guessing the boys will be perfect playmates for her, and she sounds like a dream pup with all the positive attributes they list. Just remember, dogs are incredibly social animals and need that interaction with their humans; cats only care about what you've got to offer in the way of food, so they're much more independent.

The cat I had needed a lot of TLC, and while she was independent, she was also dependent on receiving love - on her terms. ;) She often came to my lap and slept with me. She was also mad at me when I would go out.

oh! something else to find out: Ask the shelter who does low-cost veterinary care, because she'll be needing annual shots

I know. I will find out everything about pet requisites and where I can find them affordable. There's also health insurance for pets which might be $20 per month or so. My stupid apartment complex is asking for a $200 non-refundable fee for a pet! :mad: And then $25 monthly. WTF? What is a petr going to do to an aprtment that they wouldn't charge you for?!?! Like, if a dog scratches a door, you'll pay for the door anyway, right? You have to clean the carpet before you leave anyway, right?

I want to adopt you!
You'll have to ask my mom and dad for permission.

We have a cat and I would love to have a Basset Hound or a Golden Retriever but in the end we will most likely go to the local animal shelter and adopt whichever dog we find to be the cutest.
You can get a pure-breed dog in a shelter. There are also people who want to re-home their dog so you can get it from somebody's care before it actually gets to a shelter. There are also dogs in foster care.

I LOVE Daisy and I want you to adopt her, too. I don't know how I'd live without my animals.

There are purebreed dog rescues for every breed of dog. Check petfinders.com for adoptable dogs of any particular breed in your area.

• Author
RecordProducer
I LOVE Daisy and I want you to adopt her, too. I don't know how I'd live without my animals.
Thanks, Mme. Chaucer. :) I posted one more pic of her that I found in another ad. She looks like a tiny baby deer. :love:

The agency manager has been a pain in the ass with her repeated questions about the common backyard behind my rental condo. Geez, let me get the poor dog that nobody wants, I am not an idiot, I know how to take care of pets and kids. :rolleyes: My mom got really pissed, but I told her I ain't giving up on our Daisy just because of some human obstacle. I'll let her get it out of her system. I'm getting Daisy for free, though. Some ask for $200-300 adoption fees which I think is ridiculous. It prevents many people from getting a dog. Also, they expect too much of people, like toalways have soemone at home for the dog. At the end of the day, I think it's better for a dog to be alone at home 10 hours a day, Monday through Friday, but loved and cared for, than to live in a shelter until it's too old or too sick or too dead. Short of abuse and neglect, any home is better than a shelter.

At the end of the day, I think it's better for a dog to be alone at home 10 hours a day, Monday through Friday, but loved and cared for, than to live in a shelter until it's too old or too sick or too dead. Short of abuse and neglect, any home is better than a shelter.

I along with many others consider it abuse to leave a dog on its own for 10 hours a day no matter how much it is loved. :mad:

My stupid apartment complex is asking for a $200 non-refundable fee for a pet! And then $25 monthly. WTF?

WTF, indeed! I've never heard of a monthly fee, but that might differ from state to state? Though I'm guessing it's a bunch of hokey bullshxt she's feeding you.

good to hear that you've got an area right outside your door for her to play, I do know that some bigger cities have parks that are dog-friendly, so that's something to consider, too. I guess the best advice I have is to make sure that she's used to staying in her "mama-approved area" when you do take her out to play/exercise, and not bolt like some dogs do. That way the manager doesn't have more cause to nag you about Daisy!

you had a cat that was social? Most of ours have been/outdoor cats and only come around when they want something. Kinda like teenagers :lmao:

She looks absolutely adorable :love: I hope you'll have a happy life together :)

I've been thinking long and hard about adopting an elderly dog, very big responsibility, lots to consider..

WTF, indeed! I've never heard of a monthly fee, but that might differ from state to state? Though I'm guessing it's a bunch of hokey bullshxt she's feeding you.

Not uncommon here in Cali. After seeing how the tenant's dogs have torn up the back yard of one of my rentals, I'm thinking about adding a monthly 'pet fee' just to recoup the costs of restoration. The static pet fee covers damage to the inside of the house, generally refinishing of floors and doors, above and beyond normal wear and tear.

you had a cat that was social? Most of ours have been/outdoor cats and only come around when they want something.
My siamese is like that (social). He talks (siamese are very vocal) to people and greets my customers when they drop off jobs. He's off in the laundry room right now stalking a mouse.

Pets are great companions. Hope it works out.