My mother slapped me and I'm pissed

KaReNine

I end up crying, not from the slap itself but the fact she never hit me.

To make a long story short I got wasted and well it created an argument. She started yelling in my face and so in my drunkard state of mind, I yelled back. It was in one of those moment, one word (the next day she told me I had used the C word on her) slipped from me and it happened so fast. She slapped me so hard, I almost lost my balance.

I just started crying and said Mom, you never hit me, I hate you, I hate then just headed to my room.

We're gonna talk about this later on and well she feels kind of bad too for doing this.

This is normally not the way I act out and never was. I was drunk at that moment.

The right side of my face is still red from the slap. Should I still be upset because I am?

• Author

And please don't write things like ''You had it coming'' or ''You deserved it''. I'm sooooo upset right now and couldn't she at least talk to me instead of yelling at me without even letting me talk?

I'm only 16 years old and it's not like I'm gonna be an alcoholic. She used to drink at my age once in a while too.

I didn't expected that coming from her, she doesn't even believe in corporal punishment.

Drunk is never an excuse. If you think it is, try telling it to a cop. "I'm so sorry officer but the reason I ran the red was because I've been drinking". :rolleyes:

You get no sympathy here but I do hope you make things right with your mom :)

BTW, I'm sure your mom feels terrible for hitting you, she probably feels terrible that her daughter came home drunk too & called her, what ever it is you did.

Edited by oldguy
  • Author
Drunk is never an excuse. If you think it is, try telling it to a cop. "I'm so sorry officer but the reason I ran the red was because I've been drinking". :rolleyes:

You get no sympathy here but I do hope you make things right with your mom :)

She used to do the same too at my age so I don't get why all the yelling. I'm not going to be an alcoholic. I was just enjoying a partying and I've only drank twice, but this is only the first time I've ever been drunk.

I didn't really remembered calling her the c word, she had to tell me the next day.

Savannah323

Should you be upset that your mother slapped you? Yes. Should you continue to be upset with her? No.

Look at it from your mother's point of view, your child comes home drunk and is creating a commotion (e.g.,yelling).

Alcohol leads to poor choices. Plus, you are too young for that!

Hope you resolve your relationship with your mother :)

To make a long story short I got wasted and well it created an argument. She started yelling in my face and so in my drunkard state of mind, I yelled back. It was in one of those moment, one word (the next day she told me I had used the C word on her) slipped from me and it happened so fast. She slapped me so hard, I almost lost my balance.

I just started crying and said Mom, you never hit me, I hate you, I hate then just headed to my room.

We're gonna talk about this later on and well she feels kind of bad too for doing this.

This is normally not the way I act out and never was. I was drunk at that moment.

The right side of my face is still red from the slap. Should I still be upset because I am?

No one has the right to hit you. I think you should tell her how disappointed you are that she would be violent with you. Apologize for the way you behaved, and state that you hope she will never, ever do that again. If she does ever hit you again, maybe you should consider filing charges for assault. Also, it's time to move out of your mother's home and start acting like an adult, assuming you are an adult.

• Author
No one has the right to hit you. I think you should tell her how disappointed you are that she would be violent with you. Apologize for the way you behaved, and state that you hope she will never, ever do that again. If she does ever hit you again, maybe you should consider filing charges for assault. Also, it's time to move out of your mother's home and start acting like an adult, assuming you are an adult.
I know right. Even thought I was rude and not on my best behavior due to the booze, she didn't have to go this far.

I didn't started the yelling, she did. I was quiet and was going to apologize if she would have just talk to me.

I'm a human being with feelings too, parents aren't always right. So far she's giving me time and I'll soon be coming down, when I'm ready to talk to her.

She used to do the same too at my age so I don't get why all the yelling. I'm not going to be an alcoholic. I was just enjoying a partying and I've only drank twice, but this is only the first time I've ever been drunk.

I didn't really remembered calling her the c word, she had to tell me the next day.

lol. No one ever sets out to be an alcoholic and by the time you realise it your usually the last to know. You don't go to parties to get wasted, all that does is stop everyone else enjoying the party. If you can't enjoy a party without getting plastered then it just shows a lack of social skills.

Monkey see monkey do is not a excuse, learn from other peoples mistakes, don't make the same ones. Kids and alcohol are not a good combination....yes 16 is still a kid and often lack the skills to drink responsibly. Heck I even made the same mistakes and bore a similar fate from my mum when I was that age. But it was a life lesson learned. A shock that she saw me in such a state especially.

As for hitting you, I'd consider that justified from a parenting point of view (here comes the can of worms brigade). Different if she was laying into you repeatedly, yes that's assault. But this was a slap utilised to control a situation, not the person parse (no different to a cop controlling an unruly person, your mum is still the authoritative figure).

I was brought up in this manner and fully agree that without it children grow up with both a lack of respect for parents and essentially themselves. But this should only ever be used as a last resort when all other forms of discipline have failed. Heck my dad only ever hit me once (not even hard), but considering what I'd done that was justified and the fact it was once only really got the point across.

Even schools are looking at re-introducing similar punishments due to the failure of some parents to control their kids (yes I know some will and won't agree with this viewpoint, I'm expressing a point of view based on my upbringing).

You can't reason with a drunk and I'm sure you'll experience it yourself one day. Like with a drunk friend throwing up in the toilet and you holding there hair back, never a pretty scene.

Chalk this up as a part of growing pains and a life lesson learned. You'll continue to make mistakes sure, we all do. But it's whether or not you learn from these that makes the difference.

Edited by Lemontang
She used to do the same too at my age so I don't get why all the yelling.
That may be exactly why she got so upset, she knows from experience.
I'm not going to be an alcoholic. I was just enjoying a partying and I've only drank twice, but this is only the first time I've ever been drunk.
:)I understand, but few here are going to condone a 16 yo drinking okay :). And for the record, no one ever says they ARE going to be an alcoholic & I'm not saying that you will be one, I'm just saying the; 'I'm not going to be an alcoholic' does't carry much weight.

Your mom should not have hit you, you should not have been drinking. You & mom need to patch things up now.
whichwayisup

How old are you? It seems she smacked you across the face to shock you. You called your own mother the "C" word while pissed drunk. She didn't abuse you, so don't think this is going to mess you up for life. Take this as a sign to maybe not drink as much, and know your limitations. Imagine being in a bar and getting pissed drunk and calling someone you don't know the C word.. You might get more than a smack in the face! I hope you get what I'm trying to say here.

Apologize for the use of language towards your mother. I'm sure she feels just awful for slapping you across the face and she'll more than likely apologize to you as well.

whichwayisup
And please don't write things like ''You had it coming'' or ''You deserved it''. I'm sooooo upset right now and couldn't she at least talk to me instead of yelling at me without even letting me talk?

I'm only 16 years old and it's not like I'm gonna be an alcoholic. She used to drink at my age once in a while too.

I didn't expected that coming from her, she doesn't even believe in corporal punishment.

You are under age drinking. do you know that if the cops had followed you home, your mom and dad would be in trouble too?

There are consquences to everything in life..

She's never slapped you before, right? And I highly doubt she is going to again.

Let things cool down and talk in a few days.

You should be ashamed of yourself for (1) getting so drunk you can't control your mouth and (2) calling the ONE person on this earth who has always loved you unconditionally the 'c' word. And I haven't finished the thread, but I hope to God you apologized.
Eddie Edirol

If you were caught by the cops drunk, its possible that you might have gotten your mother arrested. is that what you want?

If you would have been drunk yelling at some woman in the bar, she would have done more than slap you. Would you have learned to avoid drinking then?

Wait, you are 16 and you are both so drunk you can't control your mouth AND you call your mother the 'c' word? You need a reality check. Or a boot up your ass.

Grow up.

Wait, you are 16 and you are both so drunk you can't control your mouth AND you call your mother the 'c' word? You need a reality check. Or a boot up your ass.

Grow up.

I particularly liked the; 'boot up the ass':lmao:

So many times in counseling sessions I would have liked to said that to a client; "just grow up, You need a reality check. Or a boot up your ass" or, "if you think you have problems you need to sit in with me & my 3 o clock". So the next time your sitting accross from your shrink & he is nodding & smiling, that is what he is really thinking:lmao: I'm totally kidding. LS is my theropy:laugh:

OP, that sounds like some pretty righteous teenage rebellion. Where's your father?

If mom is the adult who did learn from her experiences, she'll approach and some parenting will go on. It would be really beneficial to be open to that. Some apologies may be shared. If so, accept them.

Since this behavior was out of the ordinary for her (unclear if for you), I'd say her anger outburst was motivated by fear. A whole range of them come to mind, but the overwhelming one is you turning up dead.

Hope things work out. Welcome to LS :)

OP, that sounds like some pretty righteous teenage rebellion. Where's your father?

If mom is the adult who did learn from her experiences, she'll approach and some parenting will go on. It would be really beneficial to be open to that. Some apologies may be shared. If so, accept them.

Since this behavior was out of the ordinary for her (unclear if for you), I'd say her anger outburst was motivated by fear. A whole range of them come to mind, but the overwhelming one is you turning up dead.

Hope things work out. Welcome to LS :)

Hi carhill it's post like the OP's that remind me how nice it is to be able to visit my, 'adult' children in there own homes, spoil the grand kids & then leave:lmao:

I hear that a lot from my friends, especially now that the grandkids are having kids of their own. I note your inclusion of 'their own homes'. ;)

As things usually go, the OP and mom have probably hugged and made up and LS is long forgotten. Interesting world.

Oh, yea, that's a whole separate subject and part of the reason I asked where her father was. Teens are tough, even for two parents ;)

Eddie Edirol
Hi carhill it's post like the OP's that remind me how nice it is to be able to visit my, 'adult' children in there own homes, spoil the grand kids & then leave:lmao:

Its posts like the OP's that remind me of why i HATE and NEVER want children.

I'm sorry, but you really did deserve it for getting drunk at 16 and then coming back and acting up. Crying physical abuse at the tiniest slap is bullcrap. It would be a different story if she did something that could actually harm you, but she did not.

If you're underage, don't drink.

If you can't control yourself when you're drunk, don't drink and then expect people to make allowances for you.

If you're underage AND can't control yourself when you're drunk, well, it's pretty obvious what you should do, innit?

You must have just pushed things too far OP. In some situations I know this is wrong because the parent is psycho.. but no, I think it serves you right because it sounds like you simply went too far.

Not PC but ...

Take care,

Eve x

Goldenspoon

Slap well-deserved because:

1) You're 16;

2) You got drunk;

3) In your drunk stage, you calling your mother names.

You deserve THREE slapping! :laugh::D:lmao:

Slap well-deserved because:

1) You're 16;

2) You got drunk;

3) In your drunk stage, you calling your mother names.

You deserve THREE slapping! :laugh::D:lmao:

Because she's 16, she deserves a slapping? Sounds like you deserve a slapping...

:laugh::D:lmao: