Brother who never calls, 'cept to ask for money

just_some_guy

just_some_guy

Got a voicemail over the weekend from my older brother, asking me to call him back as soon as I can. Don't know what is up, but I am pretty sure it is to ask for money.

Never hear from either brother on holidays, birthdays or just out of the blue to shoot the bull. My birthday was just over a week a go. I tried, after mom died, to keep the channels of communications open. But it was a completely one-sided effort. So I just got tired of trying to keep things connected.

Both brothers have my email and address, phone numbers and stuff. They can call if they want to. The older one is in money trouble. The younger just never calls anyone, ever. I have more contact with their kids through online than I do to either of them.

So I have to decide whether I'm going to call back. And if the pinch comes for money, if I will say no or how much if I say yes. I said no last time, as I was in the pits of a divorce and dealing with the ex's suicide attempt. No one called to see how I was doing during that terrible christmas. No cards, no nothing.

Maybe I just don't have brothers.