Am I over reacting?

x_wednesday_x

x_wednesday_x

Hi, I think I really need a third opinion to this matter that's been hounding me.

I've never been in talking terms with my sister since we became teenagers despite living together under the same roof. I've tried many times to strike a good conversation with her, and it's always met with a dead end answer, a yes or a no, or simply no reply. I don't know if it's me who don't know how to prolong a conversation, since I'm not quite a conservationist myself unless I'm with people who I'm really close to. Or maybe she has a problem with me and find my daily questions irritating..:\

Anyways, that's just one part of the problem. We're both in our 20s now, foreign students studying in universities. We still live together and share an apartment, but it really feels like I'm living with a stranger. I've never felt so lonely in my life, since my social life ain't rich in this new place. The thing is, she's been bringing back her new boyfriend lately, at least a few days a week. I don't have a problem with that so long as he doesn't end up here in my sight all day and night. I know it sounds selfish, but having him here makes me feel so conscious in my own house I just want him out for a little bit! But here he is now, next door, sleeping in her room. I was told to watch over her (by my parents), but I believe I've failed my role as a sister since 10 years ago so I just don't know what I should do. I know this is her first time doing this, now that we have our own home away from our parents. I've tried advising her about taking precautions first, but it's still like this, and honestly I thought it's a little too fast since we've just started studying about three months ago. What horrified me further was how she said that nothing like "that" will ever happen. I don't know whether she's being naive (which will cause me to worry even more) or she's lying. I know this is her life. But still I'm just worried if she's on her right mind, or if she's lonely too... things like that. Well...do you think I'm over reacting?

I'm signing off. Thanks alot for your time.

-----------------------

I think I know now. I've confused this feeling with concern. I think I'm jealous. I just miss her. All this time I miss her, and when she finally found someone whom she can be with and smile with, I feel upset because I realise something I long from her but it's not for me. All this time I've been waiting... and here he is winning her heart over in just a few months. I'm cool now. We've drifted apart after all. The distance is so great I don't think we can ever reach each other now. Oh well~.........I'm glad she found someone who could make her happy. He's a caring chap anyways.

Edited by x_wednesday_x
I realised something amiss
  • Author
x_wednesday_x

I've decided to write a letter, after a talk with my friend, and my sister. I know some of you might think, why the big fuss over this? Isn't it the norm? But here, no this isn't the norm, and I come from people of traditional and conservative background. Hence which is why this really bothered me and it made me worried...

I don't know how best to say it without offending you. So I'm writing this to you to tell you honestly how I feel about you and my sister.

Don't get me wrong, you're a really nice guy, and I think it will be real awesome if our parents get to know you soon. I'm very sure they'll like you too. But I until then, it's important for a guy to respect a girl's space even when she's okay for you to step into it. We are a conservative family, and my parents have yet to come to accept that we have grown and I believe it'll be especially hard for them if you've already gone beyond the thread line without them knowing. So please do consider this. You may talk to my sister about it if you want to. She doesn't know about me talking to you though, and I know I'm butting into her personal space without her consent. I feel bad about this, but I'm so worried for her I hardly slept and I just couldn't concentrate, and at the same time I'm so confused of what this feeling is. is it concern? is it selfishness? why couldn't I let her go? That I just don't know how best to address this problem... so this may be definitely a bad decision.. writing to you...

O well. I hope this won't burden you. but i'd like to know what you think of it.

Good luck in your studies~

Thank you.

Edited by x_wednesday_x
I've decided to write a letter, after a talk with my friend, and my sister. I know some of you might think, why the big fuss over this? Isn't it the norm? But here, no this isn't the norm, and I come from people of traditional and conservative background. Hence which is why this really bothered me and it made me worried...

I don't know how best to say it without offending you. So I'm writing this to you to tell you honestly how I feel about you and my sister.

Don't get me wrong, you're a really nice guy, and I think it will be real awesome if our parents get to know you soon. I'm very sure they'll like you too. But I until then, it's important for a guy to respect a girl's space even when she's okay for you to step into it. We are a conservative family, and my parents have yet to come to accept that we have grown and I believe it'll be especially hard for them if you've already gone beyond the thread line without them knowing. So please do consider this. You may talk to my sister about it if you want to. She doesn't know about me talking to you though, and I know I'm butting into her personal space without her consent. I feel bad about this, but I'm so worried for her I hardly slept and I just couldn't concentrate, and at the same time I'm so confused of what this feeling is. is it concern? is it selfishness? why couldn't I let her go? That I just don't know how best to address this problem... so this may be definitely a bad decision.. writing to you...

O well. I hope this won't burden you. but i'd like to know what you think of it.

Good luck in your studies~

Thank you.

How old are you and your sister. What country are you from and what country are you studying?

• 2 weeks later...

You are expecting not much but, you have to control on you and You need to talk to with sister on this particular subject.Make sure that you are taking care of your once.