Should I stay or should I go

4givrnt4gtr

So, I am currently in a doctoral program. I had originally planned to go to another city, and I was SO excited about it.

Well, right before I was about to leave, my brother tells me he is going to be deployed and my mom and nephew will be left alone in the city they live in. My mom doesn't speak any english work or drive and my nephew is only 4 years old. That means they are going to need someone to help them while my brother is gone

I also had just started a relationship so I figured it would make sense to transfer my acceptance to another school in the city my family lived, not far from where my then boyfriend lived.

Well, I have been here for about 3 months now, and I HATE it.....the school is terrible, or maybe I just dont like it because it wasn't my first choice. The city, though is nice, is not what I wanted. I keep thinking about where I was supposed to be, the school I was supposed to go etc.

On top of that I see the city/hear songs about that city everywhere! Its like Im being pushed to go!

I still have the chance to go that city and continue my doctoral program in the school I had chosen to begin with next year....i am SO tempted to do it....but Im already more or less establish here (by that I mean I have a nice place to live, plus Im in school etc). Also, my relationship ended, but my family still needs my help....But im SO unhappy! I dont know anyone here aside from my family, I dont FEEL like getting to know anyone, because, now or later, I am definitely moving to the city I wanted to go originally so why bother.

I dont know what to do...should I go next year? Or should I suck it up, finish the program here and help my family, and THEN move?

Edited by 4givrnt4gtr