why are people so rude: How can I explain to her that I need to talk too?

Patty

The people that I was talking about last week from Florida are here to visit us plus stay over for awhile.It seems like everytime their here I dont get to say much cause their visiting more with my sister all the time and I never can get a word in.Or when I do get a chance to say something,Im cut off by my sister.Cause she thinks that they are there to visit her and only her.Im really sick of it.Im not the type to interrupt a conversation but gees there are some things that I would like to talk about but how? " How can I explain to her that I need to talk to the visitors too?

Patty

You ought to just tell your sister. Tell her you feel she is being rude by not letting you participate in the visit from your Florida friends. And you should be able to have some talks with your visitors when your sister isn't around. It's a cruel world and sometimes you just have to assert yourself. Stand up for yourself and announce to everyone that you have something to say and you want to be heard for a change.

• Author

Thanks Tony for your help.Thats one of my weaknesses is im not assertive enough sometimes.Im trying to get through my weaknesses but I feel like it feels hard to do sometimes

Patty

Patty,

Your sister is definitly rude. What is her deal? WEll, it is something that you both have to talk about because it is definitly affecting you. Which, I don't blame you one bit for being angry and pissed at your sister for being as rude as she is. She is very inconsiderate. I bet she is one of those people who don't listen to what you have to say either. She has to be the center of attention. So, talk to her. Get everything off your chest that you want to say. Don't wait either. Mention it to her as soon as possible and tell her that she is very rude. If she does not take what you say into consideration and keeps up being rude when guests are around, then you have to go to the next level. The next level is finding something that will embarass her and mention it to the guests when she is in the room. Or, do what she does to you and interupt her. Don't take that crap from anyone. She probubly sees that you are the type of person who is really nice and can be easily walked upon and she is getting away with everything. BE rude to her. So what if she is your sister. She has no consideration for you then I would not have any consideration of her. Take care Patty and tell you sister how you feel and that her actions are very rude.

• Author

Thanks longlegz.I really appreciate your and Tony's help with this.You and Tony had wonderful advice.I might even print it out on paper and save it.

Patty