I want to be included.

Patty

Every time we have company come over to visit,my mother has to tell them about everything my sister this,my sister that or someone else,but forgets about me.I feel bad cause Im not included in the conversation.Everyone else is the center of attention.I get mad when my mother forgets to mention me.She jokes around accept doesnt joke with me much.When we're together she will start talking to my sister but not me.She always waits for me to say something first or otherwise she will go the whole day without talking to me.

My bf called and it would of been fun to get together and visit with company but my mother just ignores his calls.Im beginning to feel really left out.

Everything is always my sister all the time.Cant anyone talk about me for a change?

I havent been able to see my therapist cause hes on vacation.I cant wait to see him.It seems Im getting alot of built up anger over this.It just seems my mother has no interest in me.

I just had to come to my computer for a few minutes cause sometimes its hard for me to watch her get all the attention and I get uncomfortable.Dont get me wrong I like visiting with my mothers friends but its hard when I would like to be able to share some things with them too since I only see these people once a year.But the trouble is I cant get a word in.Everytime I want to say something,she starts talking.Ive been wanting to show my mothers friends, pictures I have of my pen pals.Hopefully Ill be able too.

Please help.Thanks.

Patty

Hey, on the upside, be glad they aren't talking about you!!

I, for one, never relished attention and always felt embarassed when I was the subject of conversation. I do not like being the center of attention, even when it is much deserved, I feel very uncomfortable.

As far as you wanting to get a word in edgewise with your mother's friends, don't be afraid to interrupt and be assertive if you want to show your pictures. Sometimes chatterboxes need to be cut off or they will take the floor for endless hours.

When I was younger, every time company came to the house my father made me get out my accordion and play for them. But they kept talking right over the music and paid no attention. That really pissed me off. Be thankful you don't have to get some stupid accordion out and play it for a bunch of ungrateful visitors you'll be real happy upon their departure.

"Fish and visitors smell in three days." -Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Alamac

• Author

Thanks for the advice.I had to interupt and did at least show them my pictures.

It was nice to hear your opinions.It helps me to see other sides of the situation that i wouldnt of seen.

Tony I would love to see you play your accordian. :) Thats if you still can play it. ;)

Patty

CaterpillarGirl

You might want to talk to your sister about it. I've got two younger sisters and it pisses them off because my parents talk about me a lot, too. So, whenever they start on me, I try and turn the conversation to my sisters' accomplishments. Personally, I hate getting talked about. I'm more than glad to share the spotlight. Could be your sis feels the same way. Plus, if she's older than you, it's like a rule that she has to stick up for you, right? Or kick your a**. Whatever.

"The only thing worse than being talked about

is not being talked about." -Oscar Wilde