My mother....getting her into the dating scene

longlegzs80

longlegzs80

My mother and I get along pretty good. Sure we have our differences, but I want her to be happy. My mother has been divorced for 18 years and has taken care of me. WEll, now since I am 22 I can take care of myself, but what kind of helpful advice can I give her about dating? She has not had any relations with any men throughout that time that she has taken care of me, and I want her to have someone in her life. She desearves to be happy with someone who will truely care for her. But here is the thing. She is not into the bar scene, which is understandable. But she does nothing other then works, walks in the park, and takes care of things at home.

Now this is kinda a long story but I will give you bits and pieces of it. It will be 2 years in SEptemeber when she was introduced to this one fellow named Don. He is divorced, little bit older then she, and he works as a welder and owns his own business. This guy has been burned so bad by women who just use him for his money and cheated on him that he can't seem to trust women at all anymore. He is getting treatment to better himself.

But with my mom, at the beginning when she met him, she was hoping that he would call, and make a move. Now, she has made several trips to stop in to see him(not often but enough), and she has even made him cookies. My mother I would say is not desperate and not like most women. Not saying all women are materialistic, but he has been burned by women who were that way. Anyways, I think he is into my mom. But it is hard to tell. When she does stop in, which is once every few months, she tells me he is happy to see her and wants a hug and they kiss on the lips. Well, that is nice, but I don't want my mother to go through this emotional roller coaster with him. Once in awhile he comes around and you see him driving down the road, which makes her think he is interested but he does not stop in to chat with her.

As I said before, I want the best for my mom. She has done enough for me, but I we are just trying to figure this guy out. She told me that she is no longer going to stop in to visit anymore and that it is about time he makes a move.

Can anyone try to figure what this guy is doing? I don't want my mother to keep going through this emotional mess where she thinks one minute he is interested and then the next minute he isn't. What's the deal?

• Author
longlegzs80

I can see no one knows what to make of this topic. That is fine. I don't expect responses all the time with every post I put up but it would be helpful. Looking forward to hearing a response.

Can anyone try to figure what this guy is doing?

He sounds like he has a lot of issues. I think your mom is absolutely right to stop contact with him until he makes a move. (And no more cookies!) He's had two years to make a move and hasn't done anything. Sounds like a waste of time to me.

My mom's had a lot of success doing online dating. You might want to point your mom in that direction...