jealous

I feel real jealous of certain people in my family.How can I overcome this? I really wish I could live life like everyone else in my family.It bothers me cause my mother pays more attention to everyone else in my family.I can tell she likes them better.I just broke down crying wishing my life was like theirs.

Sometimes I will start playing songs on my guitar and she doesnt even come in and watch me play yet shes interested in everyone elses talants except mine.Im very unpopular in my family.I dont think anyone in my family has any interest in me,it makes me feel terrible.I dont know why Im feeling like this.Somehow,someway there will be something in my life that will make up for this loss.Cause Im going to find it cause Im going crazy.

Patty

HokeyReligions

I have found something that makes me feel really good. And that is telling other people that I envy them something, or wish I could be like them in some way.

It makes the other person feel good about themselves and generally they feel a little more respect or caring for me. It could be something simple like today I said to someone that I wished I could wear my hair short because it looks so good on her - but I don't have the face for it. I know she felt pleased that I noticed her haircut and pointed out something about her that I could not carry off as well. It made her feel a little special - at least in my eyes.

I'll bet if you told your family that you sometimes envy some things about them they would be more receptive to you.

I'll bet your mother would feel terrible if she knew that you think she loves others more than you- why not tell her that and talk to her - let her reassure you with her honest response. If for some reason she tries to explain some things about you that are a concern to her, then just tell her that 'hey mom, I know these things hurt you - but do you love the whole me?' and I'll bet she will say Yes, of course.

Maybe some of your other family will open up and tell you some things about YOU that they envy too!

• Author

Yea.I hope so.Maybe I just need to talk to her.But when she knows Im upset,she trys to avoid me so its hard to find a moment to talk.

When we do talk I usually end up hearing something negative about me so its like we dont know what to say to each other and not being able to communicate causes alot of problems.

I think its alot of the time the reason I feel lonely cause I want a friendship with her like she has with everyone else.

Patty