Dad caught me skipping work

This morning I thought my dad was going to away today and since my boss told me at my new job that my hours are going to be scaled back on a certain day because of money issues, I thought it would be great to drive around until I knew he was not going to be there.

Of course foolish me, was about to enter the driveway when dad was behind me. So I headed to the next street, and called him (had no idea what went through my mind) of course he said he saw me, (uh yeah I said it wasn't me) then proceeded to ask if he wanted any takeaway. Then he said he will be home when I get back.

I'm feeling not only embarassed, but guilty for being caught. Also extemely disappointed in myself. How do I tell my dad what was going on, I know that he has already called my mum about it.

OP, only one sure way to be totally guilt free. Be honest. Consider it a lesson learned. Sometimes doing the right thing, isn't always the easiest. You'll survive though.

Yes tell the truth or your lies will get bigger,and bigger,and outta control,and 1st things parents are not stupid,as they alreadt done all this,and probably said the same lies your sayin,so be honest is the best policy

best luck

On a different note, your boss telling you your hours are going to be scaled down, is no reason to do a bit of scaling down yourself.

It looks bad (what excuse did you give THEM for not turning up to work?) and it won't show you as being reliable and diligent, even though your work situation was changed.

It's irresponsible and dishonest.

Don't you think?

Your parents are always your parents.

Your boss can fire you for doing stuff like this.

And good references will be harder to come by.