My Parents are nightmares!!

Angel234

Ok....My parents are really tough on me and i can't stand it when i was much younger my dad abused me and really was quite ignorent to me and then when my mom left him but when she left him i had the responsablity of making sure everything was in order while she was out working and going to college and never really got that much time to be a child well anyway years later she got this boyfriend and he is now abusive so i left them to go and live with my dad again (he stoped drinking and is getting his life on track) and then when i moved my mom totally disowned me and was really mean to me well i lived with him a year but he is just so strick i couldn't take it and moved back with my mom and now things are all right here but when i go and visit my dad he is just so strict and my mom is starting to get more strict i don't have that long till i move out on my own and i don't need my dad always checking up on everything i do when i visit him like he calls all my friends parents whenever i go see them and asks them all kinds of questions and i can't stand it he treats me like such a baby now that i am older and don't have to take care of my family i think i desurve to have fun i don't need people checking up on me and what right does he have? cause the more i think about how he treated me growing up i just have so much resentment torwards him i don't think he has anyright to control what i do i never had a childhood i grew up taking care of my parents till i was about 11 im a very responsable person i can remember being 3 and 4 and helping my dad to get up or something or going to get him at the bars with my mom cause he couldn't walk well that is just a part of all the things i've done....i don't have much respect for my parents anymore and when they tell me how i should live my life and how im screwing up theres and mine its makes me mad am i wrong here?

No, you're not wrong but unfortunately you will have to live with your parents until the laws of your state allow you to be out on your own. In the event they are physically abusive, then you can call the law and be put in a foster home.

Once you're out on your own and have enough money, you'll need a lot of counselling to get over the anger and hurt from your childhood. You have come from a very screwed up family and it could take you a while to heal from that.

I'm very sorry you're having to go through this. I can certainly understand why you would be mad at the world.

Just A Girl2

Hello there,

Sorry, I can't really offer you much advice except to just stick things out until you're old enough to move out on your own.

I really just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for the rotten childhood you've had to endure. You sound like a very bright young lady.

I too grew up in a somewhat screwed up home...my Mom was very physically/mentally and emotionally abusive.....just plain mean and cruel a lot of the time and now at age 35, when I think back to growing up, whenever I remember a "good time" as akid, I still get that sort of 'sinking feeling' because I also remember the tension in our home and always having to walk on eggshells for fear of making my mom angry and her going ballistic. Because of growing up with crap like this, I know it lead me to go from one abusive relationship (and marriage) to another...because subconsciously, I thrived on the drama and tension and chaos; it was 'familiar' to me.

I didn't know back then about counselling or how one's childhood could impact them as an adult.

I hope you will be able to find yourself a school counsellor or pastor or trusted adult to talk to someday about all that you've endured......because you will need some help to help you heal from all you've been through.

Hugs,

JAG2