Moving

Sharla

There is a very good chance that I will be moving to another state within the next year, I haven't really decided yet but I'm starting the process now to prepare myself.

My mother lives in another state and it's not the state I am planning on moving to. I am afraid to tell her, because I know it will cause a rift between us because she'll want me to move closer to her.

I can't transfer jobs to where she is and the state I want to move to, is some place I've always wanted to live and I have friends and a few family members there already.

How can I tell her without upsetting her? I mean I know it will regardless but I'm just trying to think of how/when I should tell her, if it should be when its definite or wait a bit.

• 1 month later...

Just tell her thats all she is ur mother she will understand. Tell her that ur career is also important. And u can visit her during holidays. Just tell her she may get upset for a while but later she will get it.

I say tell her right away.. she might be hurt if she finds out you didn't tell her for a while, even if it's not definite yet. And this will give her more time to get used to the idea and accept it. Maybe she could move there too? Good luck.

I would let her know now what you're planning to do, stress that it's not definite yet, but you will let her know when you find out.