Never talking to my mom ever again 40 years old and have never been tis mad

kimmi

Goodbye mom ... You made it clear that you do not care .. Should have known all along as you could never contact my kids but yet fly to my sisters place to give gifts to her kids ... Nice ... Gifts mean nothing to me however you could have at least wanted to say merry christmas to my daughter's tonight ... Even the guy you hate has called to talk to her knowing how upset she is today ... You know also but you showed true colors by not caring ... Next year i hope my brother stays home because every year you get mad that he is bored well no kidding he would be ... You will not let the poor kid even talk to his nieces and nefews at all .. That's for the information tonight ... I let you go now as i am tired of this crap all the time ... I am done now ... And to think yesterday family was everything today my kids are my everything because they are the only ones that matter anymore ... You lost on knowing great kids ...

It’s hard for people to communicate directly and honestly – lest they damage the ones they love/hate. Like you, many parents have difficulty w/ their feelings – expressing concern often is not expressed in a way that is understood. Your letter for example is an open letter to your Mom (probably not sent to her) addressed to this forum. Whatever your Mom’s issues are, they are her issues, most likely will remain her issues.

I would suggest you express how hurt you are by her actions, directly and calmly. Don’t expect immediate or any change. You’ll feel better getting it off your chest. You can only change one person in this world and that would be yourself.

Good luck w/ the journey.