12 year old....

EnigmasMuse

I have a question and just wondering what other people's thoughts were....

Why would a 12 year old boy mess with another boy who was younger than him?

Yes I mean in a sexual way too. I don't know all the details as far as if it was touching the boy or actually trying to do something with him etc.

Do you feel maybe its possible it was because they (the 12 year old) was messed with by someone first?

I ask this because my mother has a co worker who told her about someone she knew...whose 12 year old son had messed with a boy younger than him in a sexual way..the parents of the other boy found out and in seeing what they can do about 12 year old and his parents...

Why would he even do that? Thoughts?

this could be a case of I'll show you mine if you show me yours and it's just curosity and exploring. I really hope that it didn't go far...

... or it could be a power/authority thing. With the ages mentioned, my guess is that's what it is. Older boy is curious, but knows that he cannot say or do anything for fear of repercussion from a kid his age, but he CAN manipulate someone younger ...

Hold up - we are talking still about CHILDREN - I mean 12yrs old is still a kid - curiosity yes - are the parents of the other boy wanting to press charges etc? How young was the other party??

If the activity was between children who are five or less years apart it is generally deemed as exploration which is VERY common and somewhat normal.

If the age difference is more than five years than it can be abuse but a qualified individual should do the interviewing and make that determination.

The parents should be level headed and NOT be freaking out around the kids. That is the WORST thing they can do at this point.

They each need to get a good counselor if they want it discussed with the kids. These children are very impressionable and parents reactions/discussions at this juncture CAN cause sexual "problems" for the child later.

• Author
Hold up - we are talking still about CHILDREN - I mean 12yrs old is still a kid - curiosity yes - are the parents of the other boy wanting to press charges etc? How young was the other party??

It was to my understanding the parents did want to press charges...but the 12 year old boys parents has made a deal with the other boys parents, and I think they are sending him off to military school instead. I'm not sure on that, but I think that is what my mother was telling me those people had decided.

Anyway I'm not sure how far things went with the 12 year old and this other boy, and I'm not sure how old the other boy is either. It would seem to me it must be pretty bad if the parents were wanting to press charges or even have him sent off.

• Author
Shipping this kid off toMilitary school is NOT the answer! The 12 year old has issues and needs counselling..

Oh I agree! It may be that he will be in counseling while in Military school...I have no clue.

It's just a sad situation. I don't know these people, it was just something my mother had mentioned to me about a lady at her work.

This makes me really mad.

12 years old regardless of anything is still a child - I dont know of others mentality on this but for me - 12 is impressionable - and while he may be aware that he shouldnt be doing what he is doing 12 is hardly an age where you have the ability to forsee all effects of what your doing. The child shouldnt be charged nor sent to military school - but counselled and guided through what he has done and what impacts it has had on him not just the other boy.

Clearly the other boys parents are reacting emotionally and not thinking this through - retrebution seems to be their game as opposed to preventing said boy doing it again or seeing the real emotional issues at hand....and the 12 yr old boys parents should be looking at that too...