troubled brother

sholley

Hi,

I just wanted to talk to someone about my troubled brother. Last night i ended up putting him in a detention centre, he came to my mums house drunk to confess that he stole her jewellry (that he hocked, she now has recovered this). So I pressed charges against my brother as he broke into my mums house whilst i was there. He did hit my twice across the face, so i couldnt put up with this anymore. This is not his first time he has been in trouble. This has been a constant battle for 2 years. He is 16 years of age. and a very troubled teen. I went to court this morning, he got out on bail but has to appear again in a month. He wont talk to me. I did this last night hoping that a night in prison might make him a little clearer about things, and how he is constantly hurting my family. But its only made him angrier.

I dont know what to do. I cant deal with this right now. But i want to help my brother

You are practicing tough love. It takes a very strong person to do what you have done. It's too easy to just sit there and pray things will change. I admire you for doing what you have done. I've never been in a situation like this, so I don't know what kind of advice to give you. I just wanted you to know that you did the right thing and I admire you for that! It's hard turning in someone you love....ESPECIALLY family.