My g/f's mom

anthony

Hey everyone, im 16 and me and my g/f do stuff together, we acctually just started recently. But i dont know what to do, her mother had a talk with her about doing 'stuff' and it was the same exact stuff we've been doing....we do it privatly and dont talk to people about it, so i dont understand what could have happened. It is a maternal instinct her mom swears. of course my g/f friend denies it but says her mom could tell she was lying to her. Her mom also brang up 2 other guys, (only guys she's done that kinda stuff with) and that she knew the stuff about those guys. Another thing is that 2 or 3 days ago my g/f saw my name on the caller id, didnt think much of it, but we discussed it today and its when i was gone, so obviously our parents are talking about this already. now my g/f definetly will be wierded about, and i am a little myself. Is there anyway you can think of that her mother would know these private things? it upsets me very much to think of people spying or snooping on us. is there advice you have?? i mean she said we should 'cool it' for a while so they will believe us, and thats fine with me, although its also difficult, because well you know. anyways.....any help would be great, thanks.

What are you talking about?

Hey everyone, im 16 and me and my g/f do stuff together, we acctually just started recently. But i dont know what to do, her mother had a talk with her about doing 'stuff' and it was the same exact stuff we've been doing....we do it privatly and dont talk to people about it, so i dont understand what could have happened. It is a maternal instinct her mom swears. of course my g/f friend denies it but says her mom could tell she was lying to her. Her mom also brang up 2 other guys, (only guys she's done that kinda stuff with) and that she knew the stuff about those guys. Another thing is that 2 or 3 days ago my g/f saw my name on the caller id, didnt think much of it, but we discussed it today and its when i was gone, so obviously our parents are talking about this already. now my g/f definetly will be wierded about, and i am a little myself. Is there anyway you can think of that her mother would know these private things? it upsets me very much to think of people spying or snooping on us. is there advice you have?? i mean she said we should 'cool it' for a while so they will believe us, and thats fine with me, although its also difficult, because well you know. anyways.....any help would be great, thanks.

I'm not sure what kind of "stuff" you are talking about, but I think I know.

My guess is, you and your girlfriend have started getting physically and sexually intimate with each other. Her Mother is being protective of her daughter. That is a natural instinct of most parents.

Teenagers are not very careful sometimes when it comes to sexual relations. Parents know this because they were once teenagers too. They went through the same things you two are going through. Her Mother probably did ask her if you were doing "stuff" when you are alone and she read her daughter's reaction like a book. Once parents find this out, they usually become more protective than they were before.

If you want to keep going out with her, that is, if her parents will allow it, you better keep the "stuff" to a minimum. Don't push your girlfriend into doing something that may get you both into trouble.

It's real easy to let one thing lead to another. You have all the time in the world. Why rush it?

..one things leads to another and the next thing you know, the girlfriend is pregnant and both of your lives are changed forever. Hormones are raging at your age. Parents know this, like Ed said, because they were once your age, too.

A lot of parents wish that their teenage children would 'take things very slow' and not rush into sex. There's really NO need to rush. You have many years ahead of you. There are SO very many pregnant teen girls out there.....so many babies being born into a world, by a girl who's not even mature enough to raise a child. This is almost every parent's worst nightmare...to have a teenager that's pregnant or the father of a baby.

Try to understand where her parents are coming from (or her Mom). She wants the best for her daughter (as I'm sure your parents do for you). She doesn't want her pregnant at age 16 or 17.......she likely wants her to finish school, then go on to college and get a good education and make a good life for herself. Teenage pregnancy can change all that in a heartbeat. And innocent touching and stuff can lead to so much more (hard to turn the hormones off sometimes). Respecting your girlfriend means respecting her parents, too.....afterall, that's their child/their daughter. Don't be too weirded out by all this....sounds like your g/f simply has some good caring parents who care about her future. Just try cooling it on the 'fooling around' stuff.....focus more on your friendship with your girlfriend. Show her Mom that you're a 'good guy'....that you're a respectful gentleman who'll treat her daughter right.

L