Genetic Sexual Attraction

12jgossett

OK, I dont know if this would go under this category or not, but I have searched and searched, and I need advice!

OK, I met my father fot the first time recently and found out I had a 24 y/o brother and I met him. And yesterday, I met my sister for the first time. Im not gonna say our ages, only that her bday was Sunday, we are both teens, and that I am almost 2 years older than her. I found myself strangely attracted to her. Very sexually! I need ANYYYY advice I can get!

HELP ME!

Geishawhelk

Full sister, half-sister or step-sister?

The third is only a point of law, if you are in no way blood related.

If it's either one of the first two - Just walk away and do absolutely nothing whatsoever to follow this up. Leave WELL alone.

Really.

or else, I would not post any more, if I were you....

You really do not want to go down this road.

Biologically speaking, it may not be a big deal.....

Socially? Morally? Legally?

Be very, very VERY careful!!

• Author

Yea, she is my half sister. Same dad, different mother. And idk wat to do, because I got invited to her bday party on the 5th of July and its a pool party. That sounds bad, but of course Im not gonna try to act out on anything Im thinking! I just want to know why I feel this way about her...

• Author

Uhh...I have never seen her mother. I will soon though...Im supposed to go with my sis to work at the store my family owns later today...I might meet her mom then, but uh...her mom really has nothing to do with this...

Citizen Erased

This does sometimes happen between family members when they are reunited as adults. It does not make it alright to try and bang your sister. ;)

Citizen Erased
Yeah...Im NOT ever gonna do anything like that! Im just really confused about all this!

Then I'd suggest therapy. This is obviously a weird time for you, and adjusting would be difficult. I think if you just try and deal with it yourself it will just become worse. ;)

• Author

You could be right...I've been reading about this and most sources say it goes away in time. I think that is what I will let happen. This whole experience has just been SO overwhelming! :S

I think if you just try and deal with it yourself it will just become worse. ;)

Yes, good point. He might rub it raw.

There was another poster who asked multiple questions about genetic sexual attraction here but received very little serious advice on the issue.

I don't know if you've googled this, but the first result is a website/forum dedicated to topics regarding genetic sexual attraction, and surprisingly enough it is aptly named geneticsexualattraction.com

I would hope you would receive better advice there from people who can relate to you.

I just want to know why I feel this way about her...

Well, in many ways it is the same as if you just met a total stranger to whom you are attracted -- she is, after all, a "stranger" in the sense that you never knew her before.

It would be like me meeting a super-hot guy who happens to be married, or my b/f's best friend, or my new boss. Like you, I would not ever follow-up on any of my sexual/romantic thoughts and urges BUT my conscious mind would still know that I think the person is hot.

Now. If I started having obsessive thoughts and fantasies about him then obviously it would make sense for me to get some professional help. But it is also reasonable to expect that, after a few days or weeks, I would gain a sane perspective about the whole thing...and my unwanted feelings and urges would pass, and I'd just end up seeing him for what he is -- my b/f's best friend, or my new boss, or whatever.

In such a situation, I would just have to keep reminding myself about that little thing called 'Reality'.

I do hope you will be able to build a loving and supportive sibling relationship with your newfound sister...and any of her family who you'll be meeting! Best of luck to you both, and your extended families :).

• Author

Well I am glad that someone (Ronni W) had some GOOD advice for once...:p...Me and her spent all day yesterday with my dad (who I met for the first time a few weeks ago) and we worked together at the family gift shop, and I can already feel those feelings of attraction settling down and the feeling of "sisterly love" arising...