my mother said she doesn't love me

shadowplay

:( I feel like dying.

Poor baby...! What happened?

I'm sure she didn't mean it shadow. Mothers are human too. They too say things they end up regretting.

Hugs to you.

• Author

Well, the whole thing blew over (mostly). Sorry for not explaining what happened earlier. I just felt too miserable to write the everything down. Thanks for the kind words, guys.

I don't want to get into the details but my mother had a "meltdown" last night because of something that happened with her boss at work. When she came home she was in a very irritable state and started snapping at me over nothing. I was worried that she would be rude to my boyfriend when he came over to spend the night in a few hours. I asked her not to be rude to him and she flipped out. She started ripping into me and went on a tirade, saying I had nothing of her in me and she didn't know where I came from, that I was a terrible person, etc. This morning she sent me a long apology in an email. I really need to move out of this house ASAP. If only I could afford to.

I really need to move out of this house ASAP. If only I could afford to.

Find a room to rent and MOVE OUT, as fast as you can, before she ruins your self esteem any further. Your mom sounds like a terribly selfish person and you should get as far away from her as you can.

You can do it. I know it seems hard, like you don't have any options. But there are options out there. If you don't know anyone you could room with temporarily while you find a more permanent place to stay and a better job (if you need one), then subscribe for a month to Roommates.com. I used the service a few years back and found an awesome roommate. The site was recommended to me by a friend who also found an awesome roommate. It's a great service. Just be very picky about who you contact and be careful not to contact anyone who seems the least bit odd. (If its too good to be true, it probably is!)

Anyway, I know renting a room doesn't seem very appealing, but it doesn't cost as much to rent a room as it does to rent an apartment. Renting a room on a month-to-month lease is a good way to take a step into the independent world and it's also a way to get away from your mom.

Even if you know 100% that you're not capable of moving out this week, still take a look at the rooms for rent in the paper so that you'd know what you'd be getting into when you do eventually decide to move out. Once you've researched the subject a little, it seems a whole lot easier to invision yourself doing it!

BTW, sounds like your mom needs therapy.