favoritism

jaweast

I recently moved back to my hometown after 15 years and immediately remembered the favoritism that my mom plays. My mom has six daughters and our last sister is my mom's favorite. She nor her children can do no wrong. Recently, my little sister's son was hitting my daughter and calling her names. When I told my sister, she talked to her son who lied and said my daughter hit him and was calling him names. I told her that I had witness this happening and told him to stop. She said she believed her son because her son has nevered told a lie.:sick:

My sister in turn told my mother about this and my mother told me that my nephew would never lie and that she has never known him to hit anyone. So basically they called me a liar.

My other sisters told me it's a losing battle and that's why they don't allow their children to play with him. I am at the point where I don't want my daughter to play with this child and my mom is saying I am wrong. That they are cousins and should play with each other. What would you do?

Just make sure you're present when the kids are playing, and if you see some unwanted behavior then put a stop to it yourself. Don't ask for your mother to intervene because she won't be fair.