children & disrespect.

What do you do when your children will not listen to you and then because of the laws today, you can't decipline them??

I just want to walk into a truck and die - the stress is too much. i'm really considering on walking away from life.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

What kind of issuues are you having? How old are your kids? My 13 year old has been really difficult to handle lately, sometimes I don't know what to do.

Trialbyfire

Yes, please explain what the issues are. I'm not a mother but I've had experiences with handicapped kids and much exposure to children from friends and family.

I really feel for you... raising kids is extremely hard these days....but you need to cool down.

First how old are your kid (s)? Boys or girls? What type of problems are you facing?

I had 2 children... a daughter who is the 'model child' and a son who, like you, I wanted to die so many times...

and then because of the laws today, you can't decipline them??
I don't know of ANY laws that say we can't discipline our children. Just because it's illegal to, "beat" our kids, doesn't make it unlawful to discipline them in other ways.

I just had a long speech with my 17 year old last night about this......I now believe that I've made it ABUNDANTLY clear that he hasn't got a chance when he dis-respects me or his mother.

Four words did most of the trick, "Boot Camp for Teens"......

ConfusedButLoved
Four words did most of the trick, "Boot Camp for Teens"......

Haha! Brilliant! My hubby has used that line a time or two... it seemed to work well :-)

Guest.. could you elaborate a bit more as the other posters above me have requested? I am raising 3 kids with my husband, my son who is 2, my stepdaughter who is 9 and my husband's step daughter who is 16! I know all about wanting to pull you're hair out and wanting to give up! I had a bit of a breakdown a few weeks ago myself!

Haha! Brilliant! My hubby has used that line a time or two... it seemed to work well :-)
Yeah, but what really drives it home is to have the actual paperwork, (even if it's not the REAL thing), physically in hand, then toss on the table right in front of them......;)
whichwayisup
Yeah, but what really drives it home is to have the actual paperwork,

Nah, how about planning a "day" AT bootcamp so they can see the place upclose and personal...Put them through an afternoon of how life COULD be if the attitude doesn't change...That oughtta scare the heck out of ANY teen!

Nah, how about planning a "day" AT bootcamp so they can see the place upclose and personal...Put them through an afternoon of how life COULD be if the attitude doesn't change...That oughtta scare the heck out of ANY teen!
I've actually let my BIL who's a Hi-po take one of the boys to juvy once.......that rang a bell too....