Uncontested or Do It yourself divorce

I'm a little confused on this. Can someone explain to me the difference between a do it yourself divorce and an uncontested divorce? I live in Florida and was told by a lawyer I can do a DIY, and if I wanted the lawyer can look over the paperwork for like $50. Where uncontested is like $800. What exactally is the lawyers responsibility in an uncontested? Is it just filling out the papers that I can do or do they do more than that? I just don't understand the difference. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

If he checks your work (DIY) it's 50 samolians, if he (his assistant actually) does the work then it's 800 clam shells.

Either way it's going to be uncontested. Once you do the paperwork yourself, you'll realize how much the attorneys over charge for their "services."

I'm assuming that your STBXH is cooperating with the divorce and won't contest (disagree) with it.

• Author

So there really isn't much difference then? I wasn't sure if with the uncontested the lawyer calculates the child custoday, alimony, etc.....That's something I still have to work out with STBXH?

Yes, "right now" he has said "he wants to work this out amongst us"........BUT that changes day to day lately. He still wants to get back together, But I DON'T . Goin to try to catch him on a dr jeckyl day, not mr. hyde day. :)