No contact from wife in 10 months but she wont divorce me.

randylivesinnscanada

randylivesinnscanada

Me and my wife have been seperated for about 18 months. We have not spoken or senn each other fo about 9 months. About 3 months ago i left her a phone message asking for her new address so I could file the divorce papers. i explained that I would pay for the entire divorce and that all I needed from her was a signature. She didn't reply. About a month ago I e-mailed her asking the same thing, again no reply. i would like to get the divorce done to disolve all connections with my hopefully soon to be x wife. it is important for me so I can enjoy new relationships and move on from that chapter in my life. What I cannot understand is this woman claims to hate me and it's obvious. Why then would she not take advantage of the fact that I will pay for the entire divorce and she can get what she wants....a divorce. She is telling everyone now that we are divorced when in actuallity a divorce has never been filed. I just think this will bite her in the a$$ eventually when she gets involved with other relationships. I have explained that there is no need for any contact other than through lawers. Any help or views anyone can share would be greatly appreciated. Here are some facts:

Lived together for 7 years, married for 2

She wanted the divorce , not me

Took me to court because I called and asked her about the divorce ( judge threw her claim out, cost me $700.00 in lawyer fees, she never even hired a lawyer. Yes she is cheap)

I moved 155 kms away to remove myself from her and the situation and to help me heal as I took it very hard

She makes pretty good money

No kids, no assets

Live in Nova Scotia, Canada must be seperated for 1 year before divorce

Ive never fought or raised my voice throughought the whole period of seperation and still do not wish any bad for her, do not say bad things about her.

Randy

Randy .. 2 months to go ..

Talk to your solicitor and find out how to file the divorce.. There is most likely a way of filing that they serve her through a known address and if she doesn't respond in a certain number of days the divorce will go thru..

Or get an attorney.. there is an abandonment law for divorce..

It sounds to me like you need to get on it and try to file in 60 days..

can you file for divorce just to get the process started???

over here, you can go to court and file the divorce/separation papers- give his last known address to the court- and get a date set- she'll get served and have to show up on that day.

my completely UNSCIENTIFIC guess is that she is having an affair or is interested in someone else and that is why she is ignoring you. Why else would she want you out of her life and then ignore the situation???

AND...why are YOU being so nice about the entire thing...calling HER offering to pay for everything ,etc. if it't not what you want?

• Author
randylivesinnscanada

I am just totally indiferent to the situation now. i dont dislike her i dont really like her. I am sure she has met some one, It has been 18 months we've been seperated for. There just seems like there's more to the story. I would think she would jump at the chance to get the divorce for free. I guess I just figured that there has been enough time passed so that the animosity can be relieved and we could be civil and get this done. If she's in a relationship now, good for her it doesn't really matter to me. It could bite her though by lying to people possibly a new man by saying that she is divorced. Its not my prob though. It just smells fishy.