LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Separation and Divorce

Young, no children and no mortgage - separation/divorce

Separation and Divorce Considering ending your marriage? Going through a divorce? Let us know!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th April 2019, 12:20 PM   #16
Established Member

a couple of things that come to mind.

Don't get Pregnant or adopt kids. Go into counselling to figure out how to communicate with him how you are feeling. after months of it.

Tell him how you feel and take it from there.

If you get Divorced. Don't go out of your way to date. Get Separated and straight to Divorce. Don't bring in another man romantically into your life until your Divorced by at least 6 months.

I think too many people in our society think that being coupled up is the way to be. Even if they are not a great match.
Mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2019, 12:45 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cng51 View Post
I've also been helping my husband through various things over the years, the loss of a parent, the long-term illness of another, the loss of grandparents, relationship break down with a horrible sibling, mental illness, organising him through university etc. I know that these are things that come with marriage/long-term relationships, but I think I was too young to cope with it all at the time, on top of all of my family dysfunction.
There’s no keeping score when it comes to love. It’s suppose to come freely from the heart.

You really can’t call it love if you’re keeping a tally.

Maybe do more things together that are fun. If you feel like you’ve missed out on your youth then take a trip to Disney or go on a adventurous cruise where you can do fun activities when you’re docked. Put some of the fun back into the marriage since he’s your best friend.