LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Separation and Divorce

What was your hardest part of divorce

Separation and Divorce Considering ending your marriage? Going through a divorce? Let us know!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th March 2019, 6:28 PM   #16

coming to terms that my ex wife threw our marriage away (almost 13 years) after going to sort out family matters and met a friend and in 1 month decided that her friend was a better fit then her husband.

So i guess its the betrayal that is the hardest to get over but i know in the future i`m gonna struggle with Trust as i already had a hard enough time trusting her due to my uprising. (been abused by all family from verbal, hitting all the way to attempted murder)
Secondplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 5:11 PM   #17
Established Member

The financial ruin of paying for it.

I'd gladly do it all over again and again.

It's expensive because it's worth it.
Mr.Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 10:42 AM   #18

First, the anxiety of having the person I trusted most being shady with a co worker she was traveling with. Dealing with the anxiety which I never had before was difficult. Then, her blindsiding me by signing a lease for a new place without telling me, and finding out by finding the lease agreement she was hiding. We were married for 7 years, and best buds and lovers for 11. So the surprise of it all sent me spiraling into anxiety and depression( Im 38 never had either until now) weve been separated for 4 months and divorcing in a few weeks, but the sudden change of my life and dreams, has been a very difficult pill to swallow. Also maintaining my job, and daily life as I did before is very difficult.
sure2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 10:49 AM   #19
Established Member

The hardest part for me was making the decision to divorce her, even though I had good reasons. Once the decision was made, it was mostly fine. She did cause many delays in finalizing things, because she was irrationally greedy, and I had to wait her out - that was frustrating, but I managed to be patient. Finally, though, it got done, and was worth the wait.
central is offline   Reply With Quote