Using Redundancy before 2nd FDR court case.

I am progressing through a divorce, which has been stressful and long winded, regarding financial settlement, and are about to attend the 2nd court meeting, FDR in try for financial resolution.

My Stbx, has had a high income job within banking in London, for over 20 years, and has suddenly declared she is now redundant, days before the meeting?.

Does this have any impact on the settlement, as we have been separated 3 years, and I would guess that the FDR settlement dispute is about our combined assets and financials ? and not what has happened a just recently?

PegNosePete

Judges have seen this kind of thing a million times. Giving up a high paying job to appear poor is such a common tactic, they can see straight through it and will not be fooled, or impressed.

Your solicitor would be the best person to ask, but no it probably won't matter. She hasn't had an accident rendering her incapable of working, she hasn't lost her skills or qualifications. She will be expected to get a similar earning job in the near future, therefore her earning potential will still be the same.

• Like 1

You need to ask this Q of your lawyer. Posting on an international general message board populated by lay people is not the best place to get correct legal responses.

• 3 weeks later...

My thoughts exactly, it’s so typical for people to blame others in a situation like this. I’ll admit, I want perfect but I loved and provided for her and my kids EVERYDAY of those 16 years. She could have easily came to me if there was an issue.