2nd FDR & 3rd Final Court Meetings Experience?

Hi there, I'd just like to ask about the 2nd and 3rd Court dates for a divorce.

I have been to the first FDA, at court (long day but few minutes in court!) and now have a looming FDR to come to some financial resolution.

I have been given a barrister for this by my solicitor, to fight my case.

I just wanted to know what to expect exactly? as its always nerve wracking in court and nobody's idea of fun.

Then if this then goes to the 3rd and final hearing, i believe myself and my stbx are cross examined personally in court, which I am not excited about.

Does anyone have any tips on what this entails, and how to go about getting through it?

Thank you for any help from you guys on here.:sick:

Then if this then goes to the 3rd and final hearing, i believe myself and my stbx are cross examined personally in court, which I am not excited about.

Never been married but i'd prefer to jump off a cliff than do that.

Not advising you do that of course. But you get my drift.

I guess it's just to hear from both of you that whatever is decided, there will be no further contestation (just guessing of course).

• Author
Never been married but i'd prefer to jump off a cliff than do that.

Jumping off a cliff is the 4th hearing, we have to get the paperwork together then both drive to Beachy Head :laugh:

But in seriousness, yes you're right, so need to be prepared for it..

Just some basic tips. Don't speak unless spoken to and asked to speak by the judge or whatever you call them there. Don't ever interrupt anyone in court. Dress nice. Say "sir" or "Your Honor" or whatever it is there. Don't ask for more than half of anything, kids, home, etc.

If you make a level-headed impression on the judge, that's half the battle. Be the sane one.

• Like 1