Is divorce my best option

Me and my husband have been back together for almost 3 years after a 4 year separation, I thought I would give it another chance, he is a good guy but I just don’t have love for him anymore, he didn’t help me with the children when we were apart and I mainly took him back because I needed help financially, me and the children were definitely happier without him, I want a divorce and have asked him several times over the past year for a separation or just a break or anything and he refuses, he gets extremely emotional and threatens to kill himself, I’m emotionally exhausted, I can’t do it anymore but he has turned everything around to make me feel like it’s my fault and I don’t try hard enough, he’s so possessive I’ve lost all my friends, I’m so torn, he used to be my best friend and I’m trying not to destroy him but he is destroying me, please any advice on how to deal with this, thank you all!

File for divorce anyway, and when he threatens to harm himself, call 911 and ask for intervention. Or, speak to someone first so that they are ready to intervene immediately. Don't let him hold you hostage to his instability.

• Like 7

badlove 1989,

I just don’t have love for him anymore

I mainly took him back because I needed help financially,

the children were definitely happier without him,

Read what you wrote ^^^ and then take the most sensible course of action both for you and the kids.

Good luck x

• Like 1
I mainly took him back because I needed help financially

Relationships built on financial convenience rarely last.

I want a divorce and have asked him several times over the past year for a separation or just a break or anything and he refuses

One does not ask for a divorce. One FILES.

You do not need his permission, co-operation or even his signature to get a divorce. You need to see a lawyer and file.

• Like 4

Him threatening to kill himself if you leave him is very serious and emotional blackmail. Have you ever needed to call the police on him if he actually has threatened suicide before?

Have you and your husband ever considered marriage counseling? Your husband might need to seek the help of a doctor, especially if he is having suicidal thoughts.

I applaud you for trying to work things out with your husband. All marriages go through rough patches, and both partners have to work to get things back on track. I would try everything possible to make your marriage work. It will be worth it in the end!