LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Separation and Divorce

Completely Broke

Separation and Divorce Considering ending your marriage? Going through a divorce? Let us know!

Like Tree241Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th November 2017, 5:41 PM   #61
Established Member

Sorry you're going through this, danny.

It sounds like a time-out away from it all would do you good, so you can take stock of what is happening to you without the constant reminder, and maybe take the time to get legal advice.

Do you have someone you can stay with for the w/e, or get them to stay over at yours for a bit? A caring third party can be just the ticket to help you sort your head out.
littleblackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2017, 8:41 PM   #62
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc878 View Post
The 180 only works if you apply it fully.
Problem is we live in the same home, I have nowhere to go and neither does she
dannyStL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2017, 9:00 PM   #63
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyStL View Post
Problem is we live in the same home, I have nowhere to go and neither does she
And your kids will be there witnessing this 180. Can you imagine how horrible it would be for them to live in a situation where you're not talking to their mother? I cannot begin to understand why you would inflict this toxic response on them after all they are already going through.

End it properly by throwing her out. The fact that she has nowhere to go is NOT YOUR PROBLEM. After she's gone, you and the children can start the long road of recovery.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2017, 9:48 PM   #64
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
And your kids will be there witnessing this 180. Can you imagine how horrible it would be for them to live in a situation where you're not talking to their mother? I cannot begin to understand why you would inflict this toxic response on them after all they are already going through.

End it properly by throwing her out. The fact that she has nowhere to go is NOT YOUR PROBLEM. After she's gone, you and the children can start the long road of recovery.
Because I can't legally throw her out once she has established residence over 7 days and receives her mail there.
Old 24th November 2017, 10:10 PM   #65
Established Member

When you feed a cake eater they just want more cake.
Marc878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2017, 9:06 AM   #66
Established Member

Updat

Went to Texas, had an amazing time. Held hands, played with the kids, hung out with family, and talked about how much we cared about each other. Then a check of the phone records revealed she called the guy the entire time we were down there. When we got back she immediately jumped in her car and went to work(confirmed). She talked to the guy on her phone for 71 minutes then after work came home and payed in bed with me, and had sex with me. The five days we were in Texas we had sex 4 times. I realize no matter what I do this guy has a hold on her. I believe she is somewhat conflicted about what to do. My mind says I'm done with her, my heart says she's the mother of my children. I am getting better, because even though I care that she is calling this other guy, it doesn't hurt as bad, it's not debilitating. I want to sell the house and us go our separate ways, I offered to give her half the equity, she got upset and said no, we have to wait until May so it doesn't mess up the kids school year. I also told her I was downsizing my car to save $300 a month in payments and she said no, don't do that. I don't get why she cares, or why she doesn't want me to sell the house and go our separate ways. My sister is convinced that the other guy is exciting and a thrill, but that I am still her comfort when she feels bad and needs a safe place. After our second child she developed gestational diabetes and her sugar levels are in the 500s. I rub her legs, feet, make her dinner, take dinner to her work, and take care of her in general. We are apparently both stuck in this house until May. We work opposite shifts so we only see each other a few hours each day if I work it that way. I've decided to do the 180 as best I can with living in the same house. No dinner, foot rubs, sex, begging her to stay, or hanging out. I'm not sure if I should confront her on calling this other guy. My mind says let it go, my heart says fight for your family, but as you said if she isn't invested, I can't do it on my own.
Old 27th November 2017, 9:19 AM   #67
Established Member

You have to give her an ultimatum: either she gets rid of him or you get rid of her.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2017, 4:16 PM   #68
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
You have to give her an ultimatum: either she gets rid of him or you get rid of her.

Took your advice, she got rid of him, showed me the text conversation. The issue is that she slept with another man, mind you we were separated at the time, but I don't know if I can ever trust her again.
Old 28th November 2017, 4:28 PM   #69
Established Member

Maybe. Only time will tell.

Cheaters lie a lot.
Old 28th November 2017, 5:02 PM   #70
Established Member

Quote:
Thanks for the post, I hear everything your saying, and have already started preparing my finances for the end result. Whats jacked up is she wants to stay in the house until May, and she wants to be my friend. She says she loves me, I am the father of her children, that we will always be in each others lives, blah blah blah, but she is calling this ****tard every day. I am angry, and my anger has me on the verge of doing **** I shouldn't. If she would just leave it would be better, I wouldn't see her ****. The problem is she wants to stay until May telling me that the kids need to finish the school year. I explained that the kids will be ****ed up no matter what time of year it is. For 13 years we told them what was happening to their friends, would never happen to us, that we were a team, all B.S. I offered to sell the house and give her half the equity $50,000 and she could go on her way, she freaked out and said "do whatever the **** you want then". Why, if you don't love me, would you not take the $50,000 and leave? We live in a neighborhood that is highly desireable, so our house would be sold in less than 30 days. I hurt because of all that we shared, and now all that sharing seems like a lie, and how can a woman leave her kids?

If you can get away with keeping the equity for your house keep it why would you give someone like that a half of anything?

I had a friend of mine in a similar situation they were together 20 years when she left he told her she can take what she came with which was a suitcase! She got lucky she took the suitcase and an older car he had bought her.... Sure enough a few years later he found out she was cheating on him before she left
Purepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2017, 10:26 AM   #71
Established Member

Over a month

Today marks over 1 month since this all began. I a still hurting something terrible inside. I am finally making some progress at work, I am lucky they understand and have stuck with me. I have tried to fix the situation, change things that are wrong with me, and cater to her every need. I started talking to a girl on an online dating site once I found out she was still messaging the guy over Thanksgiving, I also recorded her blowing up on the kids, she found out that I introduced myself to another woman, and that I recorded her, and blew up. I asked where this put us and if we were done, or were still working on our relationship. She said "I'm still here aint I?" but now she makes comments about being recorded. I really just recorded her for my own reasons, I wanted to remind myself what was wrong with the relationship, and that she flips out on the kids. I tend to think only of the good times, and needed a bad time on tape to try and get my mind right. Now she has twisted the blame for the breakup onto me, and has taken the focus off her having an affair with another man. After a month I am tired, don't know where we stand, and don't know what to do. I have small moments of clarity where I realize when shes gone "working overtime" things are calm, the kids are less on edge, although they miss their mom. I then have moments where I miss her terribly. I have been to some dark places in my mind, even though I know the kids need me. When does this get better?
Old 2nd December 2017, 10:33 AM   #72
Established Member

Quote:
Today marks over 1 month since this all began. I a still hurting something terrible inside. I am finally making some progress at work, I am lucky they understand and have stuck with me. I have tried to fix the situation, change things that are wrong with me, and cater to her every need. I started talking to a girl on an online dating site once I found out she was still messaging the guy over Thanksgiving, I also recorded her blowing up on the kids, she found out that I introduced myself to another woman, and that I recorded her, and blew up. I asked where this put us and if we were done, or were still working on our relationship. She said "I'm still here aint I?" but now she makes comments about being recorded. I really just recorded her for my own reasons, I wanted to remind myself what was wrong with the relationship, and that she flips out on the kids. I tend to think only of the good times, and needed a bad time on tape to try and get my mind right. Now she has twisted the blame for the breakup onto me, and has taken the focus off her having an affair with another man. After a month I am tired, don't know where we stand, and don't know what to do. I have small moments of clarity where I realize when shes gone "working overtime" things are calm, the kids are less on edge, although they miss their mom. I then have moments where I miss her terribly. I have been to some dark places in my mind, even though I know the kids need me. When does this get better?
Trying to nice them back is the worse thing you can do. She’s walked all over you and will continue to do so.

Better wake up.

Cheaters lie. I doubt the affair is over just because she made a grand show in front of you.
Old 3rd December 2017, 12:55 PM   #73
Established Member

Looks like your right again Marc, she called him last night and they talked for an hour, he called her this morning, they talked for 30 minutes. All this while she says she wants to spend a day out with me and the kids, makes no sense, why doesn't she just leave and go with the guy at this point? Why spend anytime with me?
Old 3rd December 2017, 1:25 PM   #74
Established Member

Quote:
Looks like your right again Marc, she called him last night and they talked for an hour, he called her this morning, they talked for 30 minutes. All this while she says she wants to spend a day out with me and the kids, makes no sense, why doesn't she just leave and go with the guy at this point? Why spend anytime with me?
Because you are allowing it.

Take yourself out of the equation.

If he's married you should inform his wife. That's the surest way to end an affair.

Not guaranteed but all you have
Old 13th December 2017, 4:39 PM   #75
Established Member

Are you in a common law state? If not, you owe her none of the equity. If the kids remain with you, she owes you child support. No need to wait until May, putting yourself in agony. Find out the process for eviction, and follow it. If the AP is married, inform his wife. So sorry that you are in this position.
BTDT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote