After 11

mortensorchid

A friend of a friend posted on Facebook that he and his wife were breaking up. I'd met him (and his wife) once or twice at a party or two, he posted that they were breaking up. Not immediately, the break had happened a few weeks/months ago and he was just now making it public that he was moving out of the house. I replied to the post to extend sympathies. I said he has a lot a head of him, this is not an end it's a beginning, etc.

He reached out to me on the IM and said thanks. He told me the story and how his now estranged wife found out that she was not the only bird in the nest of the guy she was cheating on him with, etc. I said I was sorry to hear that. He asked about another friend who is no longer on Facebook, I told him he's doing alright he left Facebook because of separate reasons. He asked to see me tonight. After 11.

I felt my heart drop into my stomach over that. Rebound / booty call that says. I should keep my distance, right?

Yes, keep your distance! It's not even about what time it is- it's about do you really want to get involved in that cluster****? No, you don't.

• Like 1

RUN.

He isn't interested in you or even love you. he's wanting sex and companionship.

SAY NO.

You're not his friend, his shoulder or anything. if he needs help he can seek counseling or talk to a male buddy.

Hi Mortens, so what finally transpired? Would be interesting to know. If this guy was just a nodding acquaintance then you should have kept your distance especially considering he is a man and you a woman. To many minefields out there these days. Warm wishes.