3rd Divorce Signed and Delivered

Courts have the paperwork now. Tell me, why get married at all. The vows said to God are meaningless on their end as well as mine since it's all my fault according to my mother. But she even blames the Teen Mom girl whose 2nd husband left her. I'm like those vows are said on both sides, not just the woman's side.

To love honor, cherish, (haven't seen it). Better or worse, richer or poorer (again no there), sickness and in health (nope). It's all just a façade. No one gives a ****, unless it's in their best interest to. See I come from a professional family background. My husbands became husbands because they have seen inheritance, never gave a **** about the person behind it. Divorced twice by 30, swore off men, hit 40 thought I'd try again. Now 41 today I signed divorce #3. The con didn't want to really be a husband at all, he took all he could and I freely gave, idiot that I am.

Really wish there was a way to call uncle on life, or wave the white flag, but that's called suicide. Which I can't allow myself to do because my lovely daughter could probably not survive the suicide of her mother, since she's already dealt with the loss of her older brother (half really but to her whole).

I wish I could say I'm done, but I know myself well enough to know I'll never last single. Sex is too important to me. Sad but true. I'll mourn my few days, and then start the next phase of life. Whatever that may. I'm like the Elizabeth Taylor of my family. She was married 8 times before it was all over. I didn't find that funny at all.

Edited by Kristine
Michelle ma Belle

So the fail of three marriages were the fault of all three husbands? You played no part in any of them??

• Like 4

Vows said to God are only meaningless if the people saying them don't mean them.

If you know your husbands became husbands because of your inheritance, perhaps you should consider working on your judgment? As 3 divorces seems a little.. Well, you know.

Courts have the paperwork now. Tell me, why get married at all. The vows said to God are meaningless on their end as well as mine since it's all my fault according to my mother. But she even blames the Teen Mom girl whose 2nd husband left her. I'm like those vows are said on both sides, not just the woman's side.

To love honor, cherish, (haven't seen it). Better or worse, richer or poorer (again no there), sickness and in health (nope). It's all just a façade. No one gives a ****, unless it's in their best interest to. See I come from a professional family background. My husbands became husbands because they have seen inheritance, never gave a **** about the person behind it. Divorced twice by 30, swore off men, hit 40 thought I'd try again. Now 41 today I signed divorce #3. The con didn't want to really be a husband at all, he took all he could and I freely gave, idiot that I am.

Really wish there was a way to call uncle on life, or wave the white flag, but that's called suicide. Which I can't allow myself to do because my lovely daughter could probably not survive the suicide of her mother, since she's already dealt with the loss of her older brother (half really but to her whole).

I wish I could say I'm done, but I know myself well enough to know I'll never last single. Sex is too important to me. Sad but true. I'll mourn my few days, and then start the next phase of life. Whatever that may. I'm like the Elizabeth Taylor of my family. She was married 8 times before it was all over. I didn't find that funny at all.

All three of your marriages had one thing in common; you. To play the victim gets you no where, except marriage #4, to another prince. Oh and news flash: you don't need to get married a fourth time because you love sex. Why not raise your daughter and try and protect her from all the drama and more heartache. But please, take some responsibility for the three divorces. Afterall, you picked them.

• Like 5

Congrats on finalizing the divorce.

No man, and no sex, is worth sacrificing your emotional health or security. Take a hard look at your choices. Make a plan for a more stable future. What would that look like? What is in your power to create? (good and bad)

• Like 1

A thought occurs....

Why not just havevsex if that's all you really like about guys?

Get yourself FWB situation.

• Author

My guys friends are gay. Relationship guys have never proven any other worth to me than sex. I've abstained many times in life, though 10 years was too long. Married one cause he had a descent job. He quit as soon as the ink was dry on license.

dreamingoftigers
My guys friends are gay. Relationship guys have never proven any other worth to me than sex. I've abstained many times in life, though 10 years was too long. Married one cause he had a descent job. He quit as soon as the ink was dry on license.

Well, um, marrying for sex and / or because a guy has a decent job really isn't the best idea.

And if guys are noticing you for your $, I would definitely not advertise it.

Everyone that advertises their wealth open themselves to being taken advantage of.

It almost sounds like you wanted to purchase a husband. (No offense). And a husband that could be purchased would be the worst kind.

I think its a relatively normal expectation to have had three divorces these days. A lot of people in these generations are total duds.

• Like 1

Eh, probably adds to the list of reasons I am not married, but rather in a 14 year LTR.

I am always surprised when I hear how quickly some people get married, and divorced, over and over.

My mom was married and divorced 5 times by the time she reached my current age (37, my dad was hubby #4).

But my siblings - brother just had his 20th anniversary, sister is on her 17th, and my dad has been with his second wife for 25 years now.

There are marriages that last.... It's about choosing the right person, and being able to fully and healthily engage in a relationship yourself.

• Like 2

Here's your description of him from your recent thread:

He overwhelmed from the start, nothing about him is normal. He's a con, he pushes his agenda. Weaseled his way into my life, money, and thought he found the jackpot at the end of the rainbow with my trust, but figured he con my mom out of it early.

Going to assume you met him online. No one wants to beat you up, we're just trying to point out that rushing into disastrous relationships hasn't been your road to success. Slow down, happiness shouldn't be predicated on your relationship status or sexual needs. Time to try something different...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 3

You married a guy because he had a decent job and you're complaining that guys are marrying you for your inheritance?.. What exactly is the difference between you and them?

• Like 1

This is what I mean... You married one.

And wrong kind of fwb. I'm talking about a hetero love interest you keep as a friend, rather than getting serious with, not an actual friend you start sleeping wirh.

Go about your normal courtship process and the next time you feel like marrying one, just stop. Keep them in pre marriage limbo.

As to all the references to money, you should focus a lot less on it. What, do you go around telling everyone you're the heiress to the o'henry candy bar fortune? Paris Hilton's long lost older sister? :p

You should be quiet about money. Don't let anyone know you have whatever inheritance you're talking about. I have a little self made money myself, but I don't let potential chicks know about it. Weeds out the people you're complaining about.

Edited by loveweary11
  • Author

Look I was feeling down. Not in the mood to reanalyze my marriages and folks you don't have the facts. I didn't follow my intuition. I don't advertise money, my parents home is beyond nice. Meet my parents, some guys run, because they can't live up, others don't. 2nd guy was family picked. Not my pick. We had similar upbringing. Fact is I looked for reasons to like him. Truth is I didn't follow my intuition.

Michelle ma Belle

Listen, you can't start a thread like you did and expect everyone to only tell you the things you want to hear. Part of being on a public forum is hearing ALL sides and getting different perspectives on how others see things. Sometimes they're way off and other times they're bang on, and even more times they're usually right down the middle.

The point is, this is your third failed marriage. Yes you're down in the dumps because of whatever transpired to end things so rather than revert to the old and familiar patterns of your past, LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES and do something different. YOU have the power to change the course of your life and how your story unfolds for heaven's sake.

You said you didn't listen to your intuition. So guess what? Now you know. When we know better we DO better. It's simple logic.

Have your pity party. We all need time to grieve and evaluate our life and our mistakes but then find the lessons in them so you never have to repeat them again. That's called growth and maturity.

This isn't the end unless you choose it to be.

Good luck.

Look I was feeling down. Not in the mood to reanalyze my marriages and folks you don't have the facts. I didn't follow my intuition. I don't advertise money, my parents home is beyond nice. Meet my parents, some guys run, because they can't live up, others don't. 2nd guy was family picked. Not my pick. We had similar upbringing. Fact is I looked for reasons to like him. Truth is I didn't follow my intuition.

Well look, I was just posting what seemed like sound, helpful advice, based on what you had posted.

I went *with* your complaints and made a couple of suggestions toward remedying them.

Not sure how that was wrong, but I apologize if you were offended.

People have given me a lot of crap here, so that's the last thing I want to do. I was honestly trying to be helpful based on the information and complaints within these posts you made on this thread.

No harm intended.

I am aware of my part, however kicking me when I'm already feeling down, is really unnecessary.

Look I was feeling down. Not in the mood to reanalyze my marriages and folks you don't have the facts.

It would seem most folks here would like to help you. What kind of advice or feedback are you looking to receive :confused: ???

Mr. Lucky

It's all just a façade. No one gives a ****, unless it's in their best interest to.

Quoted for truth. Facade for those who know and Spackle for those still in denial. Its surreal when I see this and its kind of often.

You don't have to marry again. Why would you? Just own your life and have relationships without the legal binding. After 40 there is not the 'raising a family' excuse. Just find love as it comes and enjoy it for as long as it lasts, and let go without a court date when its over.

I've never understood the 'stay with me/fear of the boot of the law/go to HELL because of GOD' relationships. So I simply have never had one of those.

Cheers to the other side of 40 where none of that matters.

• Like 1

Just go for a live in partner now. I'm usually pro marriage, but in your case.. it's best to give it a miss and just look for a man who also doesn't want marriage.....but is wealthy.