Thoughts of Undergoing Divorce

tormentedme

I am married with my wife for almost 5 years, but our relationship has not been fantastic. We have a 2.5 year old boy. In the marriage, she gets abusive in her language and actions. She used vulgarities on me in front of my child and hit me occasionally. The F word seldom leaves her mouth. Since we were married, she sort of barred me from going out with my friends and colleagues.I need to sight her permission to go out and she will get unhappy about it, sometimes using divorce to threaten me. She would demean me in front of her family.

At home, she was very disorganised and left things all over the place. I tried to help with cleaning up but sometimes I am just too tired to do so. I am in charge of my son and my own laundry.

I have a good friend in my workplace and we work very closely cause in terms of work nature and progression, we are always moving together. She would says things like I am having an affair with him. Yes! It's a HE! She would say lots of awful things.

Lately we sold our flat to upgrade to a condo. I thought by fulfilling her dream, things would get better. The same and purchase is not completed for my flat but I have paid an earnest fee of 1% for my condo. She wanted me to finance the condo myself which I have agreed to and she started her antics again. Saying things like she will take away my son from me and insisted on taking half the condo. I did not say anything, merely keeping quiet. I have done some reading on Women's Charter and believed that all this might and will happen to me. Can someone advise me? Well things be better that I filled for a divorce before getting my condo?

• Author
tormentedme

I will be taking a loan to finance the condo. Right now, I have yet to exercise the option to purchase because I need to sell off my hdb first.