how do I get a divorce with no job

Sometimes you can get spousal support and therefore temporary support while the divorce is pending-- but spousal support in most states (US? Other country?) is limited to only certain situations, it's usually not enough that one spouse works and the other doesn't. But I get that all that is meaningless to one who doesn't even have money for an attorney. Free mediation can help the parties figure out, through the mediator, whether one is entitled to spousal support. But, I would think that you're unlikely to get so much support that you can live on it without your own source of income, unless your spouse is quite wealthy. Sorry I'm not offering a whole lot of hope here, wish there was a 'take xyz step and get a smooth divorce process even if no job"-- but I don't know of any. These are the times when people do hard things, sleep on friends' couches, get creative with moneymaking plans, find work at the bottom and start back up, go back to school-- in order to secure a better overall, long-term future after (and for some, because of) the divorce.

• Like 1

There is no legal requirement to have a job or work history to get a divorce.

Which aspect of the divorce are you concerned about, and which country/state are you in?