Ex-FIL talking trash during boys' tball game...

So I'm coaching my sons' tball team (my 3rd time) and I've been getting good feedback from the parents. I enjoy it and I also try to get the best out of my kids on the team.

Before the game today I took my team out on field for some warmup grounders, etc. It was at that point that I could audibly hear my ex-FIL comment to the other parents: "This seems so serious...this isn't even baseball." This was clearly directed at me because at this point I was the only coach on the field with a few of my players.

Ex's family was never too big on sports. They believe fun is all that matters and, while I agree fun is important, I hope to teach my team discipline and improved skills. Trust me, they also get much praise.

So I honestly think ex-FIL made only himself look bad. The other parents obviously appreciate my coaching and I'm sure they didn't appreciate his comment.

Edited by M30USA
  • Like 2

At the next game, ask him if he wants to do a little BP for fun and then run one high and tight into his chin. After he puts his jaw back together and starts barking at you, tell him to stop crowding the plate.

Actually, as is always the case with sh*t-talking, your best move is ignoring it.

• Like 2
  • Author
At the next game, ask him if he wants to do a little BP for fun and then run one high and tight into his chin. After he puts his jaw back together and starts barking at you, tell him to stop crowding the plate.

Actually, as is always the case with sh*t-talking, your best move is ignoring it.

Lol.

I think my sister put it best: "He just had to piss and mark his territory."

My ex and her family are extremely territorial. Everything to them is about promoting their own cause and making themselves look good. He probably saw that I was doing great with the team so all he could think of to say was that I was "serious". He had to come up with some way to make me look abnormal and make his opinion seem like the accepted norm. I dealt with this for 5 years during marriage and I can spot it easily now.

Edited by M30USA
  • Like 1
TheBladeRunner
Lol.

I think my sister put it best: "He just had to piss and mark his territory."

My ex and her family are extremely territorial. Everything to them is about promoting their own cause and making themselves look good. He probably saw that I was doing great with the team so all he could think of to say was that I was "serious". He had to come up with some way to make me look abnormal and make his opinion seem like the accepted norm. I dealt with this for 5 years during marriage and I can spot it easily now.

My XIL's are the same way....they are NEVER wrong....and everything they do and say is to either make themselves look good or feel better. Ignore those meatheads and stick to the killer feedback from the parents that's what matters and they have no ax to grind.

So I honestly think ex-FIL made only himself look bad.

The good news is that, in the divorce, she automatically gets him and that whole side as part of the settlement. And you get to ignore what he says and does :cool: ...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2
  • Author
The good news is that, in the divorce, she automatically gets him and that whole side as part of the settlement. And you get to ignore what he says and does :cool: ...

Mr. Lucky

You know, in a way you're right. As much as you can say she "won" the divorce, she really didnt because now she has to deal with her overbearing and manipulative parents even more. She's now in a cache-22. She hates being controlled by her parents, but she has no other options now (at least until she remarries).

Smilecharmer

What a rude thing to say. I'm sure the kids and their parents enjoy that they get something beneficial from the game. We had a blast when our kids played sports and they learned a lot about how to be a part of a team, how to get along with others, how to follow directions and how to be their physical best. I was always grateful to the men who took the time to volunteer for coaching my little ones.

• Like 1
TheBladeRunner
You know, in a way you're right. As much as you can say she "won" the divorce, she really didnt because now she has to deal with her overbearing and manipulative parents even more. She's now in a cache-22. She hates being controlled by her parents, but she has no other options now (at least until she remarries).

Amen brother! I don't miss dealing w/ my "perfect" XIL's anymore! She can have their annoying a$$es!