"2houses" app for divorced/separated coparents?

My ex-wife sent me an invitation for a shared account called "2houses" which has calendars to keep track of custody dates/times. It also has postings for such things as who owes who money for doctor bills, etc.

Something is telling me to stay away from this. I have no problems AT ALL keeping track of information related to coparenting. I see it as a new social media which almost seems to bond ex-spouses. I can't exactly put my finger on it but the idea seems odd.

My ex-wife sent me an invitation for a shared account called "2houses" which has calendars to keep track of custody dates/times. It also has postings for such things as who owes who money for doctor bills, etc.

Something is telling me to stay away from this. I have no problems AT ALL keeping track of information related to coparenting. I see it as a new social media which almost seems to bond ex-spouses. I can't exactly put my finger on it but the idea seems odd.

Its a tool for control and power.

Grumpybutfun

It almost suggests you aren't doing something on time or to her liking....are you sticking to custody rulings on dates for child pickup and drop off and paying your portion of your child's needs? If so, it is just another app she likes that makes her feel she is being proactive technologically. Since this ex abused you, I can certainly understand why you wouldn't feel comfortable with anything she puts in front of you. It is almost like inviting the drama....

Like you, I would be cautious,

Grumps

• Like 1

I've actually heard of judges ordering that the parents participate in something like this, especially if they have a difficult time communicating with each other... it keeps the need for communication between the two of you at a minimum. With it, there is no need or texting, emails or phone calls... well, at least it reduces the need for it.

It also proves that you are doing what you are supposed to be doing should you ever need to go back to court (I'm assuming you already went?).

There is one that costs money. I think it's an annual fee and I can't recall the name of it. That's the one that judges have ordered to be used.

I wouldn't write it off just yet. Don't look at it as a control issue... more of a way to prove that you are doing your part to parent your child.

• Author
It almost suggests you aren't doing something on time or to her liking....are you sticking to custody rulings on dates for child pickup and drop off and paying your portion of your child's needs? If so, it is just another app she likes that makes her feel she is being proactive technologically. Since this ex abused you, I can certainly understand why you wouldn't feel comfortable with anything she puts in front of you. It is almost like inviting the drama....

Like you, I would be cautious,

Grumps

Wow, thanks for being understanding Grumps.

It's like you said...every single time I've ever tried to work something out with her or even communicating beyond minimal legal requirements, I ALWAYS get sheisted in some way.

• Like 1
Wow, thanks for being understanding Grumps.

It's like you said...every single time I've ever tried to work something out with her or even communicating beyond minimal legal requirements, I ALWAYS get sheisted in some way.

Does this indicate you are taking care of your part in it or not?

• Author
Does this indicate you are taking care of your part in it or not?

Haven't missed a single child support payment in 2 years since divorce. And I haven't even missed a single DAY with my children that I've been given, nor have I ever failed to get them to ex.

Haven't missed a single child support payment in 2 years since divorce. And I haven't even missed a single DAY with my children that I've been given, nor have I ever failed to get them to ex.

So what would that app do that's not being done now?

If it's not needed - then tell your ex that it's a complete waste of time.

• Like 2