Child support

If my stbx gives me a weekly amount for our kid do i have to send him itemezied bill showing what i actually use it for? If he gives me 75 weekly do i have to prove i need that amount? Or i can just take it even if it doesnt necessarily cost that amount to raise her?

If my stbx gives me a weekly amount for our kid do i have to send him itemezied bill showing what i actually use it for?

No

If he gives me 75 weekly do i have to prove i need that amount?

No

Or i can just take it even if it doesnt necessarily cost that amount to raise her?

I'm not sure if I understand this part, is the CS court mandated? If not and he agreed outside of court to pay that amount, it still does not give him the right to ask for an itemization.

Child Support laws are determined by the state you live in if you are in the US. You can find your state guidelines here: Child Support Guideline Models by State

If neither of you want to have the court mandate it and he's agreed to a certain amount (typically because he knows the court might make him pay more) if he wants an itemization....enroll your daughter in any enrichment activity you can. It will help her in the long run. If he wants to treats co-parenting like a business....he just gave you a budget my dear.....spend it on your daughter in a responsible way. Ballet classes, tap-dancing or jazz classes, cheer-leading even. She's only 6, believe me, they get more expensive as they get older.

I do have to ask based on the other thread you started tonight....did he fuss about money because you had your daughter and her friend out at the mall late tonight? I bet he fussed that you were spending HIS money that he pays for her....

It depends. Family law & the issue of child support is local. Every state is different. I can't speak to outside of the US.

Generally there is a formula based on the parents' earnings & the child's lifestyle. That creates the minimum which is generally payable no matter what. After that if you need more, you may have to itemize but not before.

There are no provisions for paying less.

This sounds like a personal arrangement between the OP and her STB Ex....

If it's a personal arrangement, I think he has a right to know that the money he is giving you for HIS child, is being used for the benefit of your child, and that you're not using it to get your hair nails and teeth done, or for buying you stuff you otherwise couldn't afford, like an x-box or whatever.

If you get a legally-sanctioned regular payment, organised by the court, that's a different matter.

But you should STILL not use it to get your hair nails and teeth done, or for buying you stuff you otherwise couldn't afford, like an x-box or whatever.

That's your child's money, not yours.

OP, think of CS as a court-ordered or voluntary gift, from the standpoint of accounting, and use it as your needs and conscience deem appropriate. If you're awash in cash, use it to start a college fund/savings account for your child. The goal is socializing a loving and healthy human being. Money can help with that. Good luck.